Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.

Evil Penevil

Good Meal At Pig And Whistle In Jomtien

30 posts in this topic

I've only eaten once at the Pig and Whistle in Jomtien, but the meal I had was very nice at a reasonable price, so I thought I'd mention it. I stopped in for lunch Sunday and choose the Special of the Day, which was a choice of roast beef or roast pork, with Yorkshire pudding, roasted or mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, broccoli and gravy. It came with a small link of sausage wrapped in bacon and a small square of bread stuffing. I haven't had much luck with beef in Pattaya, so I went with the roast pork.

post-6485-1329995606.jpg

It wasn't the most attractive plating of food I've seen, but it tasted damn good and that is what is most important. I would have preferred the gravy on the side, although that's no big thing. The meat (five slices) was flavorful and juicy. Unfortunately, the gravy hides the meat in the pic. The veggies were fresh and not over- boiled. The gravy, stuffing, potatoes and Yorkshire pudding were delicious. A very generous portion, too.

It cost 225 baht. A bottle of SML at 75 baht brought me to an even 300 baht, not bad for a big meal of that quality. I may go back this Sunday to try the roast beef.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Where is the Pig and Whistle in Jomtien, I am only aware of the one in Soi 7.

Certainly looks a good feed and a good deal.

Evil

Can you confirm the gravy was good as I find most of these kind of places produce a nice meal but spoil it with shite gravy.

Where is the Pig and Whistle in Jomtien, I am only aware of the one in Soi 7.

Certainly looks a good feed and a good deal.

If you're coming from Pattaya, it's on the right side of Thappraya Road just before the sharp right turn that takes you down to Jomtien Beach Road. It's across the street from an Italian restaurant called La Bocca, where I also had a good meal. Believe the Jomtien Pig and Whistle opened in October last year.

Evil

Evil

Can you confirm the gravy was good as I find most of these kind of places produce a nice meal but spoil it with shite gravy.

Yes, it was indeed good. Homemade, not from a can or packet. Right consistency, cooked properly, very flavorful.

But I appreciate your apprehension. I thought the same thing when the plate was put in front of me - damn, if the gravy is bad, the meal will be spoiled,swimming in gravy as it was. Sometimes restaurant douse the meat with gravy to disguise flavorless meat. That wasn't the case at the P & W, but I can't understand why in any case a quality restaurant wouldn't serve the gravy on the side. I'll try to make that point to the waitress if I go back for the roast beef.

Evil

If you're coming from Pattaya, it's on the right side of Thappraya Road just before the sharp right turn that takes you down to Jomtien Beach Road. It's across the street from an Italian restaurant called La Bocca, where I also had a good meal. Believe the Jomtien Pig and Whistle opened in October last year.

Evil

Yes, it was indeed good. Homemade, not from a can or packet. Right consistency, cooked properly, very flavorful.

But I appreciate your apprehension. I thought the same thing when the plate was put in front of me - damn, if the gravy is bad, the meal will be spoiled,swimming in gravy as it was. Sometimes restaurant douse the meat with gravy to disguise flavorless meat. That wasn't the case at the P & W, but I can't understand why in any case a quality restaurant wouldn't serve the gravy on the side. I'll try to make that point to the waitress if I go back for the roast beef.

Evil

Just one other point I forgot to ask. I tend to go out to eat in new restaurants on any old day so do you know if the 'Roast' is available everyday on the menu or just the Sunday. Sorry for the late question.

I also like the sound of the Italian so might give that a go and I might try the Rob Jones/Lalana endorsed drinking bar Kaffa...

Cheers

Dave

Just one other point I forgot to ask. I tend to go out to eat in new restaurants on any old day so do you know if the 'Roast' is available everyday on the menu or just the Sunday. Sorry for the late question.

I also like the sound of the Italian so might give that a go and I might try the Rob Jones/Lalana endorsed drinking bar Kaffa...

Cheers

Dave

My favorite restaurant is almost opposite the Pig & Whistle.

Its called Natans and its a nice unpretentious place to take your girlfriend, French influences, a good wine selection and the Thai food is as good as anywhere I have tasted.

No A/C (have fans) and gay waiters though

I love the place

And for a Guiness afterwards nip down to kaffa. A perfect night - unless you bump into Lalana

only kidding lalana

Its called Natans and its a nice unpretentious place to take your girlfriend, French influences, a good wine selection and the Thai food is as good as anywhere I have tasted.

I love the place

And for a Guiness afterwards nip down to kaffa. A perfect night - unless you bump into Lalana

Is D'Olivier still open in the complex.

I would be shocked if they had any girls serving in most of those restaurants around there, it was always male servers. I used to live in Jomtien Complex, loved living there.

only kidding lalana

^ Natans is not in the complex its on the main drag 300 m before you get to the Dongtan police box on the corner (where kaffa is).

For Natans, if you drive past the only GoGo bar in Jomtien, you have gone too far.

Orange sign LHS

Just one other point I forgot to ask. I tend to go out to eat in new restaurants on any old day so do you know if the 'Roast' is available everyday on the menu or just the Sunday.

It is on the menu as an everyday item, but the non-special price is higher. I believe it was 270 baht for the roast beef and 250 baht for the roast pork, but my memory could be faulty.

It looks above par, Iv seen and eaten alot better Sunday roasts in Pattaya/Jomtiem, as for portion size its a starter.

I wasn't proposing it as the best Sunday roast meal in Pattaya/Jomtien, just as a tasty meal at a reasonable price. Which restaurants have better Sunday- roast meals at a comparable price? And if that's a starter-sized portion, you are indeed a prodigious trencherman. I'm no slouch at the table and that portion filled me up.

Is it the same owners as P & W Soi 7. And is it AC and smoking or non smoking?

If I remember correctly, the Jomtien P & W was opened in October by the owner of the Soi 7 flagship, but he passed away soon after. I don't have any idea about the current ownership. It is AC and non-smoking.

Evil

For those not wishing to travel in to town for a Sunday roast, Mulligans by the lake has the best Sunday roast (beef, pork or chicken) that I've tried, was certainly better than the one in the Courtyard that i tried which to me was tasteless.

Which restaurants have better Sunday- roast meals at a comparable price? And if that's a starter-sized portion, you are indeed a prodigious trencherman.

18 coins on soi Buakow (129thb) and Queen Vic soi 6 (220thb) for all you cheap charlies good food and good size portions, then theres Shananigans carvery and Jamiesons carvery (395) for the more conservative client. As for your comment "prodigous trencherman" everybody has an opinion and if you cant respect it say nothing cause it makes you look a fool and uneducated.

post-27000-0-85462100-1330072010.jpg

18 coins on soi Buakow (129thb) and Queen Vic soi 6 (220thb) for all you cheap charlies good food and good size portions, then theres Shananigans carvery and Jamiesons carvery (395) for the more conservative client. As for your comment "prodigous trencherman" everybody has an opinion and if you cant respect it say nothing cause it makes you look a fool and uneducated.

post-27000-0-85462100-1330072010.jpg

I ate in the Sportsman last night Chicken wraps 170 baht and a banana split 130.

They do a roast carvery for 430 , the food in there is very good IMHO

I ate in the Sportsman last night Chicken wraps 170 baht and a banana split 130.

They do a roast carvery for 430 , the food in there is very good IMHO

I do my visa run from there every 3 months so have eaten the brekkie but never knew how much it was.I met a couple of mates one morning and their english brekkie was 180 baht and was w*nk,so small,and place like 18 coins for 110(ish) knocks the spots of it for quality and quantity,but its air con and has free pool,

cue Alex lol lol

I love the place

only kidding lalana

Yes,it would be not unheard of to see me lurking around the Kaffa restaurant. :give_rose:

13 years ago the pig was probably the best for decent grub in pattaya,over the years many decent gaffs have sprung up and are far better value,i ain't used the pig in years.

Not 100% so please don't go there specifically to flirt with them

I tried +1 but a box appeared saying I've reached my daily limit of positives even though this would have been the first of the day.

Good come back. 555 +1