Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest rabid beaver

Wanting To Buy

16 posts in this topic

Looking for a 2011 fortuner, auto transmission with leather and air conditioning. For sale in or near chonburi,.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sorry Jimmy ,found one but wrong part of thailand

Toyota Fortuner 2011, 9500 km, used for 5 months only, it's the FASTEST Fortuner on Koh Samui, completely upgraded - one of it's kind, exterior and interior, new sound sistem (amplifier, speakers, subwoofer), rear-view camera, disk brackes and much more.

If interested (seriouse buyers ONLY),

please reply via EMail - igor.strelnikov@mac.com

1550000 bhts ,no idea if a good price or not

They are well over rated and rather uncomfortable. Used to be a fashion statement 10 years ago when first out.

Get a Camry !!

jimmy , dont touch a second hand one , get a brand new showroom one .

the difference in price will be minimal .

jimmy , dont touch a second hand one , get a brand new showroom one .

the difference in price will be minimal .

correct

also there will be a few wet ones around ex bangkok so watch out on the second hand market

Thanks for the advise, we will look new, I will also check out the Camry. I rode in Ron's fortuner and liked the way it felt with plenty of room.

I like the look of the new fortuner, 3 sets of seats, plenty of room for luggage and what not... Check out the link.

Fortuner 2012 Thailand

The camry looks boxy to me, not a lot of room.....

I will look at both and see what works out.

Don't buy a Camry - they are flimsy pieces of shit.

Exhibit A : The Camry after a very, very gentle nudge from the rear

IMAG0124.jpg

Boot wouldn't close, lights hanging off, bumper hanging off.

Exhibit B : The car that did the nudging

IMAG0125.jpg

Minor scratch on front bumper.

I don't know why but as a rule, the Toyotas they make here are just flimsy plastic. I wouldn't want to be in a Camry in a serious accident.

This isn't just a one off experience, I've seen a lot of Toyotas come worse off in accidents, way worse than the other-brand car that hit them. The cars that Toyota make here wouldn't pass the safety standards they have in Europe for instance.

Still - they look nice.

Edited by Pedro

Thanks for the advise, we will look new, I will also check out the Camry. I rode in Ron's fortuner and liked the way it felt with plenty of room.

I will say this....I surely didn't by a Fortunner to make a fashion statement. Beemer Z4 would be my fashion statement.

Hard to believe but I have never been more pleasantly surprised or had a purchase exceed expectations as I have with the Fortunner. I was bummed the day we got it because to me it was like ooh crap, it is official I am a boring old middle aged family guy. But my attitude sure changed soon thereafter. I used to drive a Beemer 6 series in Hong Kong and I have to say on the highway the Fortunner rides as smooth if not smoother. My Beemer used to cost me an arm and a leg in yearly maintenance, and in 4 years we have never had a single repair needed on the Fortunner.

Jimmy I would also buy new. One thing I will say about Toyota Thailand, and it would go the same for Camry, Fortunner, or whatever...there aftercare is fantastic on new vehicles.

Don't get me wrong...if I had my druthers and nothing or nobody else was involved in the decision of what kind of vehicle to own I would be all over the Beemer Z4 and say bye bye Fortunner in a heartbeat...but unfortunately it is not all about me!

The cars that Toyota make here wouldn't pass the safety standards they have in Europe for instance.

Still - they look nice.

Same same with almost any brand...the safety requirements in EU and USA far exceed those in Asia. I have a guy on my softball team who is the Mastere Beemer distributor for Chonburi Province....he told me the manufacturing cost of a 500 series being made for Europe or USA is nearly 40% more than the exact same vehicle being produced for SE Asia....most of the extra cost is in the chasis quality and passenger compartment safety. Pretty much the only thing that is the same on a Beemer in Europe versus Thailand is the body. Take the body off and there is a whole different framework.

I love the Fortuna but is just too big unless you have a business or a large family

If I was after an SUV, it would be a Honda CRV. The new model is gorgeous

Pedro....BTW those flimsy plastic bumpers found on Toyotas and most non SUV vehicles are a safety feature, more than a cost saving feature.

Collapsing bumper absorbs shock prior to passenger compartment and minimizes chances for whiplash like used to be so common in rear end accidents when cars used to have the old iron and steel bumpers.

Pedro....BTW those flimsy plastic bumpers found on Toyotas and most non SUV vehicles are a safety feature, more than a cost saving feature.

Collapsing bumper absorbs shock prior to passenger compartment and minimizes chances for whiplash like used to be so common in rear end accidents when cars used to have the old iron and steel bumpers.

I disagree Ron.

I understand about crumple zones etc. That is not what this is. This is flimpsy paper thin plastic they have there.

The merest nudge and the things fall apart. That's very different from what a crumple zone is.

In that accident, I was the driver and I was barely moving, I just got distracted by the lovely Zoe. It took a while to find the SCRATCH on my car. The impact wasn't even enough to even put a pimple in my bumper where it got sratched.

Toyota cars are known for this here. Not sure if the 4WDs & pickups are sturdier, I would presume the pickups are.

I will say this....I surely didn't by a Fortunner to make a fashion statement. Beemer Z4 would be my fashion statement.

Hard to believe but I have never been more pleasantly surprised or had a purchase exceed expectations as I have with the Fortunner. I was bummed the day we got it because to me it was like ooh crap, it is official I am a boring old middle aged family guy. But my attitude sure changed soon thereafter. I used to drive a Beemer 6 series in Hong Kong and I have to say on the highway the Fortunner rides as smooth if not smoother. My Beemer used to cost me an arm and a leg in yearly maintenance, and in 4 years we have never had a single repair needed on the Fortunner.

Jimmy I would also buy new. One thing I will say about Toyota Thailand, and it would go the same for Camry, Fortunner, or whatever...there aftercare is fantastic on new vehicles.

Don't get me wrong...if I had my druthers and nothing or nobody else was involved in the decision of what kind of vehicle to own I would be all over the Beemer Z4 and say bye bye Fortunner in a heartbeat...but unfortunately it is not all about me!

I am sold on the Fortuner, its perfect for trips between Chonburi and Khon kaen with all the extra room. Plus great for shopping and it does not make me feel like a family man driving down the road. I think its a man's SUV.

I would never buy a vehicle, new or used, that was not an American brand

If American brands were the only thing on the market I would by a bicycle :yes

If you are moving back to Thailand to live fulltime then buying a Fortuner would be a good idea. However if it was only to be used during visits then renting would be the better option when you take in the cost of depreciation.

Edit: Sorry just saw your other thread where you are moving to Pattaya to live in August.

Edited by thegrogmonster