Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mulphy

Looking For A Reasonably Priced , Reliable Thai Builder .

9 posts in this topic

if any of you have a contact for a reasonably priced , reliable thai builder could you please forward me their contact details .

he must be able to communicate in english .

im looking to completely refit 2 on suite bathrooms , with tiling , new toilet set , shower cabins , shelving , mirrors , lighting etc .

i am also looking to build an extension on to my house .

ive had one quote for the extension and i was satisfied with the price , but the builder claims it will take him and his team of 5 men , 40 days were i see it more of a 14 day job .

so if you can help . please do .

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good luck, this is one of the most frustrating things I've found about Thailand is trying to find tradesmen that actually can do the trade they're supposed to be adept at, to western standards.

I've had painters that can't paint, tilers that cant tile and f**king electricians who didn't know what earth is :shok:

Might be an idea that if anybody finds a good tradesman at any trade that their details are put on a pinned topic for future reference.

Edited by LatinLover

I dont know if Joseph44 is still on the forum but you might see what he has to offer, if he's still in business that is.

http://www.pattaya-live.com/index.php?showtopic=30675&st=0

You could try the geezer over the road from me called P Design, he did all the work on my gaff.

If you find one ask him if he does conservatory's, I am looking for one ...............

Mind you I live on the 21st floor :gathering:

if any of you have a contact for a reasonably priced , reliable thai builder could you please forward me their contact details .

he must be able to communicate in english .

im looking to completely refit 2 on suite bathrooms , with tiling , new toilet set , shower cabins , shelving , mirrors , lighting etc .

i am also looking to build an extension on to my house .

ive had one quote for the extension and i was satisfied with the price , but the builder claims it will take him and his team of 5 men , 40 days were i see it more of a 14 day job .

so if you can help . please do .

Price is one thing and quality is another. Would it be possible for you to ask for contact information for the last 10 jobs he's done and then you have the missus contact the people to find out if they're happy with the work that was done? If your only issue after that is the time frame, you could offer an incentive bonus to him for early completion.

I've been watching a nearly completed house from my balcony reach final stage fro the last 4 months. i.e. four month ago I thought they would be finished in two weeks.

If a project could warrant it, I'd hire an architect who would over see the job and make sure the contractor didn't take "convenient" shortcuts.

I was going to post these on a real estate thread but it's appropriate now, I htink.

The place where I live in Jomtien is around two years old. it sure is showing it's age.

I suspect many things built here had zero supervision or approval by any inspector or architect.

These below are photos of an access for something. They're on a driveway in a condo complex. They're just short of a meter in length i believe. Cars and trucks drive over them. The place has 15 of them and the majority of them are exposed to traffic. So far the collapsed one has only been in its present condition for two weeks. After it's repaired, which will take god knows how long, I imagine it will be done in the same fashion.

Nobody cares which is not surprising.

post-45005-0-80983000-1327997433.jpg

post-45005-0-82434700-1327997487.jpg

My gf brother cannot speak thai,we use him for work and he will be doing both our bathrooms this year.Friends with a thai lady close to our house,her bf does most of the work around our soi but he doesnt speak english neither

Gallee can give you a list people to avoid.