Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Rob Jones

Torrenting

62 posts in this topic

Thank you for posting, I for one am a person this post is aimed at and I appreciate it. I don't have great technical knowledge in things like this so it is useful for me. I usually bother some good people on here to help me download songs etc so I will look into this a bit further. :unworthy:

I'm happy to run you through it next week Dave. I just spent time showing my old man how it is done, if he finds it easy I'm sure you certainly will.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm happy to run you through it next week Dave. I just spent time showing my old man how it is done, if he finds it easy I'm sure you certainly will.

Cheers but I don't like to bet!!!!

Look forward to seeing you for a few when I am feeling a little better, bit flu bound at moment.

Any suggested sites for a 'torrents tutorial for dummies' ?

Any suggested sites for a 'torrents tutorial for dummies' ?

I just C&P your request onto you tube and got loads of hits.

The mechanics is incredibly complex (i think) but for us, it couldnt be simpler.

Cheers but I don't like to bet!!!!

Look forward to seeing you for a few when I am feeling a little better, bit flu bound at moment.

I'm sure torrents are just one of those things that seem very complicated, once you have a go it really is very very sinple.

Looking forward to catching up mate, get well.

I'm sure torrents are just one of those things that seem very complicated, once you have a go it really is very very sinple.

Looking forward to catching up mate, get well.

Well I downloaded 'bit torrent' and it's as slow as a week in jail.

Is it only crappy television shows you can get or what? What about the latest chart movies?

Is it only crappy television shows you can get or what? What about the latest chart movies?

downloaded a few xmas presents to myself last night, Bangkok Suckie f**kie vol`s 5,8and 10 using Vuze :santa:

I use "BitComet", it will be the torrent you are downloading that is slow not the program you are using to save the torrent, the more seeders the quicker the download. If you get a torrent with hundreds of seeders it will download as fast as your internet connection allows.

When you search for a torrent arrange the search results starting at the highest amount of seeders, also the bigger the torrent in size the better quality the video or music.

I am on a 200gb per month plan with my internet provider, I download movies etc at the largest file size I can find as I like to watch them on my tv, downloading a movie that is only about 700mb in size if fine to watch on a computer screen, so if you have a slow internet connection download the smaller files if you cannot let it run for a few days.

I am currently downloading the inbetweeners movie, it is just on 7gb in size but there is hundreds of seeders, my internet will download at about 4mB/s (4000kB/s) at maximum, it is currently downloading at 3750kB/s so it is close to running at the highest speed I can get.

Older torrents with fewer seeders will download a lot slower.

LatinLover, I just went on their site but they asked me to sign up.

No problem there but is it a club that has collated certain TV shows together and so easy to find the programs you want or will it improve my speeds, what is it Im signing up for?

You sign up for a community where people freely upload, seed and leech to help each other out.

You sign up for a community where people freely upload, seed and leech to help each other out.

Cheers Esco :cheers:

ill sign up

LatinLover, I just went on their site but they asked me to sign up.

No problem there but is it a club that has collated certain TV shows together and so easy to find the programs you want or will it improve my speeds, what is it Im signing up for?

Basically its just a site of like minded people who enjoy British TV run by a bunch of people who record and upload Brit TV shows as torrents and seed to a large majority of expats who want to watch Brit stuff. The main reason for signing up is that they keep an eye on how much you share back and you must keep to certain ratios or they will close your account.

I just download stuff and leave my pc seeding what ive downloaded overnight when I'm not normally using my pc. The speeds are normally good unless your downloading something only a few have, I frequently max out the connection speed I have with True when downloading from the box.

They sometimes prevent signups when they reach a certain amount of memebers and then the only way to sign up is to have an invite from a current member.

a couple of good sites to find and download torrents are isohunt.com and

bt junkie.org they always have lots of seeders on the most popular torrents and they dont require you to keep a high ratio. you dont evwen have to sign up with them if you dont want to. another good tip is to read any comments re quality of the download eg the quality of audio7video [A10/V10