Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob Jones

Google Chrome As A Browser

44 posts in this topic

Is it any good?

Firefox is pissing me off and I want a change.

IE can get lost so its Chrome or nothing

Gents?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chrome is fine Rob, very lightweight, loads quickly and can do just about anything the other two do. I like it.

Using Chrome after IE since a year, try it and you will like it.

Been using it for over a year through a suggestion from a boardie on here funny enough , i like it

I know this may be a bit unreasonable, but I tend to shy away from Google software installed on my computer. They have a well-deserved (and not so good) reputation for mining data any way they can. Having their software actually on my hard drive, and not restricted by things like the Java "sandbox" frankly makes me a tad nervous. This is of course not to say that Firefox isn't doing the same thing, just that I haven't heard such pervasive reports about it. Yet.

I know this may be a bit unreasonable, but I tend to shy away from Google software installed on my computer. They have a well-deserved (and not so good) reputation for mining data any way they can. Having their software actually on my hard drive, and not restricted by things like the Java "sandbox" frankly makes me a tad nervous. This is of course not to say that Firefox isn't doing the same thing, just that I haven't heard such pervasive reports about it. Yet.

Im not that bothered about security issues tbh

Anyone that 'googles' me will know my status here in Pattaya:

Armed and extremely dangerous.........

I was using Chrome until Pastry told me it is the preferred browser of homosexuals :secret: . So I stopped using it ;)

Yep i am a chrome man.

I was using Chrome until Pastry told me it is the preferred browser of homosexuals :secret: . So I stopped using it ;)

Is it?

Thanks for the tip - I will be uninstalling Google Chrome immediately in that case!

Any chance of "Pastry" letting you in on what brands of beer, cigarettes, bread etc are favoured by 'homosexuals' - so that we can all avoid them too?

I stopped using google a few months back. Use Firefox and for searching. www.duckduckgo.com

The problem I have with Firefox is I cant access functions with my mouse on the top third of my screen. For example, right now I have a pm but I cant open it as when I place my mouse over my name, the cursor does not change from the arrow to the hand.

Its bloody annoying!

The problem I have with Firefox is I cant access functions with my mouse on the top third of my screen. For example, right now I have a pm but I cant open it as when I place my mouse over my name, the cursor does not change from the arrow to the hand.

Its bloody annoying!

Strange.. I use Firefox and don´t experience the problem you mention.

Strange.. I use Firefox and don´t experience the problem you mention.

Me neither Rob

Is it?

Thanks for the tip - I will be uninstalling Google Chrome immediately in that case!

Any chance of "Pastry" letting you in on what brands of beer, cigarettes, bread etc are favoured by 'homosexuals' - so that we can all avoid them too?

Better to be safe than sorry :laughing:

Me neither Rob

?

See posts 14&15 Greg

Kow jai xxx

I use it, no bad shit to report.

Is it any good?

Firefox is pissing me off and I want a change.

IE can get lost so its Chrome or nothing

Gents?

Safari. Go Apple, you'll never regret it

Apparently Google are discontinuing their search engine within Firefox. That really pisses me off as I am now forced to move to Chrome or navigate to Google´s homepage every time I want to search for something. Bastards :<_<:

Edit: It's not final yet, just speculation.

http://www.businessinsider.com/and-will-google-now-kill-off-firefox-completely-by-pulling-the-plug-on-its-toolbar-deal-2011-12

Apparently Google are discontinuing their search engine within Firefox. That really pisses me off as I am now forced to move to Chrome or navigate to Google´s homepage every time I want to search for something. Bastards :<_<:

Edit: It's not final yet, just speculation.

http://www.businessinsider.com/and-will-google-now-kill-off-firefox-completely-by-pulling-the-plug-on-its-toolbar-deal-2011-12

I have been getting a search engine called (i think but cant remember 100%) Babalon with Firefox for the last 3 weeks and that's another reason why Im looking else where. I'm running Google chrome on another computer and its looks good initially

Used chrome a while back but couldn't open attacents from hotmail directly, had to save them to disc first. Pissed me of eventually and reverted to IE. Not sure if it's still the same ?

iv used firefox for years bit reluctant to switch to chrome ,wasnt there some thing in the news a couple of days ago about google getting brought by some chinese co

I have been getting a search engine called (i think but cant remember 100%) Babalon with Firefox for the last 3 weeks and that's another reason why Im looking else where. I'm running Google chrome on another computer and its looks good initially

Strange as Ive done the latest update and am still on Google?