Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob Jones

True Visions Free Hd Box

22 posts in this topic

I had a telephone call 2 weeks ago from true visions offering me a free HD box.

‘You are a special customer’ the bloke on the other end of the phone said. Bollocks I thought, but said nothing.

They would come around and install the box make sure everything was okay – furnish me with a better remote control with on screen TV guide, I think this box has a PVR. (but they told me that this facility is not available till next year). No obligation to upgrade no additional billing in 3 months. Anyway, the conversation ended by him saying he would SMS me the time and day of installation.

Well I asked a few people if they got a call and none did and I never received the SMS so I thought I would phone them back this week and ask was it still on.

Yes, absolutely was their reply :blushing: . First week in Dec for the installation, they had all my details on file and read them back to me.

Anyone else get the call?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

yes i got one a week ago, i agreed and they are comming around on dec 16th. they sent me an sms and a verification code so i can check they are not imposters

yes i got one a week ago, i agreed and they are comming around on dec 16th. they sent me an sms and a verification code so i can check they are not imposters

Have you looked into the PVR function? Our life's as we know it may never be the same again :laughing:

I had a call some weeks ago, they gave a date for installation.

What I found strange was that the rep spoke good English, something that True don't usually have when you phone them. Perhaps only non-Thais are being targeted ??

I asked how long the free trial lasted, no answer.

So how much extra will True add on eventually, and any idea when? Again no clear answer.

I declined this offer as I'm sure True will tack on extra to the monthly bill without any warning sooner rather than later.

And anyway how often will Fulham be on the HD sport channel? Probably once a season when they play MU away. :laughing: :laughing:

Edited by fulhamster

I had problems with reception,they turned up next and installed the hd box and new remote,even better quality now.

What about PVR ?

We allready have the HD box and was supposed to have the free upgrade with the PVR last month. But they said due to the floods in BK they cancelled.Its been rebooked for the middle of dec.

We allready have the HD box and was supposed to have the free upgrade with the PVR last month. But they said due to the floods in BK they cancelled.Its been rebooked for the middle of dec.

Got a feeling the PVR isnt going to be functional anytime soon :thumbdown:

I will be blaming the floods when they next chase me for payment

Got mine installed today. No extra charge for 4 months and if you want to keep HD channels after that is 200 baht on top of the gold package. Only 3 HD channels available on pattaya though.

PVR is not available now.

Edited by scotty

Got mine installed today. No extra charge for 4 months and if you want to keep HD channels after that is 200 baht on top of the gold package. Only 3 HD channels available on pattaya though.

PVR is not available now.

How do the HD channels look? 720 or 1080?

How do the HD channels look? 720 or 1080?

I await with bated breath too.

My new purchase arrives tonight......................;)

Let me know how the new box compares, i've got mine coming next Tuesday. Is it worth the extra 200 baht for 3 HD channels.

I just done a post about the new HD box you should read it, it might make you change your mind

I got my HD box the other day and treated myself to a full HD LED TV. I have to say the pictures on HD are stunning. I was not going to continue with HD after the 4 month trial but maybe now i will. Shame it's only 2 HD channels.

Picture is excellent 1080 but the sound on my HBO HD channel is slightly out of sync with the picture, rather annoying. The sound on all other channels is ok. Crap that they only have 2 channels in HD.

You can replace your HD box for the HD+ for free if you take it with your bill to the shop on sukhumvit next to S.B furniture.

Im disappointed with it all tbh.

The HD chanels (all 2 of them) are brill the rest is crap, its not my TV its the shit signal Im getting and truevisions are not busting their gut to come out and help me :thumbdown:

A couple of questions for those with the new box

With my old one, via the remote control, I could go to ‘set up’ and re-arrange the most popular channels in order so as when I hit the TV menu on the screen I would get:

1 BBC

2 Bloomberg

3 CNN, etc.

The benefit is of course I get to see the details of the channels I want.

I don’t think I can do that with the new box. Unless anyone know any different? I can star * 20 favorites but that isn’t the same as before because I still have to trawl through the dross channels.

The other thing is the information is less now than before, for example, today the menu DID tell me at 13.30 the Man City game is on but there wasn’t enough space to tell me who they were playing and when I press information it’s not updated at all (not just on sports but on most channels)

Any thoughts?

Edited by Rob Jones

Yup, its quite crap, as expected from True.

Coupla guys at work have these dodgy boxes, it connects to true dish as normal but also needs a constant LAN connection ( I'm guessing for some kind of key generating). Cost about 5000 for the box and about 2000 per year for 'subscription'. You get the full platinum package channels, Hd ones also. .

Anyone tried them ?