Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob Jones

Htc Tops Smartphone Sales In U.s. Market

5 posts in this topic

My morning is complete................

One of the best products U have ever bought was my HTC Desire, here we go:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-01/htc-smartphone-sales-top-u-s-market-as-rim-sinks-canalys-says.html

HTC Tops Smartphone Sales in U.S. Market

An HTC Status mobile device is displayed for sale at a new AT&T Inc. store in Chicago, Illinois, U.S. Photographer: Tim Boyle/Bloomberg

HTC Corp. (2498) has become the top seller of smartphones in the U.S., edging out Samsung Electronics Co. and Apple Inc. (AAPL) Research In Motion Ltd. (RIMM), maker of the Blackberry, sank to less than 10 percent for the first time.

HTC’s share jumped to 24 percent in the third quarter from 14 percent a year earlier, Palo Alto, California-based researcher Canalys said today. Samsung came second with 21 percent, up from 14 percent.

The popularity of Google Inc. (GOOG)’s Android, the operating system used in some smartphones, has helped propel HTC and Samsung to the top of the rankings. RIM was hit by a three-day, worldwide outage last month as its market share fell to 9 percent last quarter, the biggest decline of all smartphone makers.

The drop makes RIM’s U.S. outlook “certainly bleak,” said Tim Shepherd, Canalys analyst, in the report. “RIM must deliver a competitive high-end 4G smart phone in early 2012.”

RIM is trying to rebuild customer faith in the Blackberry smartphone network after last month’s outage, and today the company said it formed a “SWAT team” to find the cause of the failure. Before the outage, the Waterloo, Ontario-based company was fending off investor demands for fresh management.

RIM Losing Customers

RIM’s U.S. sales fell 50 percent last quarter as customers abandoned its older generation of smartphones that offered less sophisticated browsing than the iPhone and Android devices. The company introduced a range of phones with more touchscreen features in September in the U.S. to try and reverse its markets share losses as it works on developing a new phone operating system for 2012.

Apple’s iPhone market share was hurt by consumers waiting to replace their aging iPhones in anticipation of the arrival of the iPhone 4S that went on sale last month, Canalys said.

RIM fell 4.5 percent to $19.30 at the close in New York as Apple dropped 2 percent to $396.51. HTC fell 4.2 percent to NT$657 at the close in Taiwan. Samsung rose 2.3 percent to 990,000 won in Seoul.

HTC, based in Taoyuan, Taiwan, shipped 5.7 million of its own-brand phones, according to Canalys data. HTC phones are sold by the three biggest U.S. carriers, Verizon Wireless, AT&T Inc. (T) and Sprint Nextel Corp.

Samsung, based in Suwon, South Korea, delivered 4.9 million of its own-brand phones, Canalys said. Apple fell to third place, with a share of 20 percent, down from 26 percent a year earlier.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Can't wait to get my hands on a galaxy nexus.

^^^^^^^ like bar fining the ugly girl cause you feel sorry for her :laughing:

Go for the GoGo dancer at Angelwitch - Go for a HTC :give_rose:

I got the HTC Wildfire, £139 I think, you load it with a £15.00 credit free internet, 3000 texts and 300 mons lasts for a month, perfect for me on 3. To get it unblocked you need to call them costs £15.00, tried in Los they cant unblock many 3 phones.

As technolgy goes I was amazed at what these phones do,

Rob are you really in love with HTC or the android operating system?

HTC - but I wouldnt buy one with anything other than android as the OS.

The new flagship Nokia looks awful, both hardware and the windows OS :thumbdown:

and I dont like Samsung, I cant understand why people do. Every Samsung product I have used under delivered, a TV, the Samsung Omnia phone and an MP3 player - all shyte :thumbdown: