Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.

• Announcements

• mulphy

pattaya-live meet up and lanzalad saying his good byes .   07/23/2016

friday 29th of july is a bitter sweet pattaya-live meet up , because its lanzalads last one before he returns to live in the uk a week or so later . so im going to make it a special night , a special meet up . i ll supply a fully catered buffet and some entertainment on the night and all you guys have got to do is come along , support the meet up , show some love for the guy that has completely revamped your forum and is a very good guy all round . so it will be a party with a party atmosphere . as usual , cold drinks , nice people , the rockhouse girls , great food and great entertainment will be on hand . bring your friends , bring your partners and make a night of it .
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bruce Mangosteen

Cordless Phone With Caller Id

27 posts in this topic

I'm looking to buy a cordless landline phone with caller id. Can anyone recommend a shop that sells known good-quality brands (i.e. Sony, Panasonic, Samsung)?

Please, don't just answer "Tuc Com!" and spare me "I thought you knew everything about Pattaya!" At present my legs don't work really well and I want to spare them the wear and tear of searching and trying the obvious places only to find they've discontinued them or what have you.

Thanks in advance for any help. kissing.gif

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Big C..

good luck with the legs, get on a diet mate have a week off the booze, get down the gym do some upper body stuff to burn the carbs and stop eating shit :thumbdown:

or you could try skype, they have cordless phones that can also be used as voip

meaning calls from a regular landline number but you can also use it to talk on skype

worth a try and i nothing there then why not check ebay or something like that

or you could try skype, they have cordless phones that can also be used as voip ...etc.

I have the Vonage VOIP service which to me is a great deal. I also have Skype but only use it for computer-to-computer calls. Don't need a handset, have mic and speakers on both computers.

Dont worry Mango, if anyone does ring you, it will be a wrong number :give_rose: :laughing: :laughing:

I screen my calls, hence the need for caller ID. However, you're inadvertently right as very few people have this number except customers. That is intentional. If customers call me and it's a wrong number I'll talk to 'em anyway! :laughing: :laughing:

Get a smartphone Bruce stop living in the 70s.

Vonage can run on android use your cell phone over wifi.

I think his phone was older than the t shirt he was wearing. His t shirt read:

FREE

NELSON MANDELLA

Does the phone company provide incoming CLI on analogue lines? If not you will not see the incoming number even if you have a capable handset.

I know here in rip off Britannia it's available on an analogue line but the is monthly charge for this.

He is using a voip I think they support caller id from the USA

Da PIMP clearly stated that it was a landline and not a VOIP link! Biatch. But then again he could be using a SIP ATA / adaptor.

Big C..

good luck with the legs, get on a diet mate have a week off the booze, get down the gym do some upper body stuff to burn the carbs and stop eating shit :thumbdown:

Good advice but deaf ears around here mate...

Da PIMP clearly stated that it was a landline and not a VOIP link! Biatch. But then again he could be using a SIP ATA / adaptor.

Don't know who "DA PIMP" is, but I clearly state in post #9 that I use the Vonage VOIP service, and yes, it supports caller ID.

Good advice but deaf ears around here mate...

Perhaps, but if a week off the booze would have cleared this problem it would have been gone long ago. At to the gym, I'd love to, but if I so much as carry my laptop rather than using a drag-behind bag my legs kill me. It's surgery or nothing I'm afraid.

Perhaps, but if a week off the booze would have cleared this problem it would have been gone long ago. At to the gym, I'd love to, but if I so much as carry my laptop rather than using a drag-behind bag my legs kill me. It's surgery or nothing I'm afraid.

Cant you lie on a bench and do bench presses and upper body stuff with no weight on your legs ?

People train in wheelchairs Bruce

Cant you lie on a bench and do bench presses and upper body stuff with no weight on your legs ?

Getting on and off the bench would be agonizing, as would the entire process of getting to the gym. My legs aren't just nearly useless, they hurt like f**k.
People train in wheelchairs Bruce
What one is able to do depends on the nature of his problem mate. I saw a documentary on Thai TV about a guy with no legs who worked around his family farm every day. He did that by using his arms to pull and lift himself around. He did all sorts of things I could never do in a million years. I didn't envy him his lack of legs of course, but I was amazed at the number of things he could do that I couldn't come close to, and admired his grit in overcoming his adversity.

Parky my friend, I travel the world working, and do many things the so-called "disabled" in both of our countries, whose conditions are nowhere near as bad as mine, claim benefits for being "unable" to do. I may not be climbing into the ring to spar with you any time soon, but you have not one single reason to believe that I am letting my present situation keep me down. I do a hell of a lot mate.

I'll be back in the gym, don't worry about that. I want it so bad it hurts almost as bad as my joints do.

Getting on and off the bench would be agonizing, as would the entire process of getting to the gym. My legs aren't just nearly useless, they hurt like f**k.

What one is able to do depends on the nature of his problem mate. I saw a documentary on Thai TV about a guy with no legs who worked around his family farm every day. He did that by using his arms to pull and lift himself around. He did all sorts of things I could never do in a million years. I didn't envy him his lack of legs of course, but I was amazed at the number of things he could do that I couldn't come close to, and admired his grit in overcoming his adversity.

Parky my friend, I travel the world working, and do many things the so-called "disabled" in both of our countries, whose conditions are nowhere near as bad as mine, claim benefits for being "unable" to do. I may not be climbing into the ring to spar with you any time soon, but you have not one single reason to believe that I am letting my present situation keep me down. I do a hell of a lot mate.

I'll be back in the gym, don't worry about that. I want it so bad it hurts almost as bad as my joints do.

I doff my cap to that fact thats for sure, you are a fighter ... Respect there are people in the UK with 5% of what you have scrounging, you walk as you talk credit where its due..:bow: :bow:

Admire you for that, no matter what.

Big C south on Sukhumvit Rd have about 15 home phones, many with LCD screens showing caller ID (if the provider enables it)

Here are four that looked like they would do the trick. No Samsung or Sony but plenty of Panasonic models. The Panasonic one is high tech looks like a mobile phone, portable and sits in a recharging docking station/cradle and has caller ID. The other 3 are nice basic machines. I include the model numbers so you to check the specs yourself

Panasonic KX TG3521BX about B2000

Fujitel FT -022 CID about B500

Reach CID 611 V.2 about B500

Reach CID 502 DJ3 V.2 about B500

Big C south on Sukhumvit Rd have about 15 home phones, many with LCD screens showing caller ID (if the provider enables it)...etc.

My sincere thanks for this mate. I took the family to dinner yesterday afternoon in BigC Central, and managed to find and buy that same Panasonic model before my legs gave out. I will definitely buy you a beer next time I see you, hopefully very soon. :thumbsup::cheers: