Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest califdann

Need Vacation Condo To Rent

36 posts in this topic

I am in Pattaya in October 2011, and would like to rent a condo for a week. Either a studio or a 1 bedroom. I plan on retiring to Thailand at some time in the near future, and have only ever stayed in hotels in Pattaya in the past. I want to get a feel of condo life on this trip. So, anyone on the forum who has a condo for rent or knows of anyone, I would appreciate some info regarding same. I have tried the condo websites, but most want a minimum of 1 month, and more often longer. Also, there seems to be several costs which include room rate, utilities, and other costs. I understand this, and want to negotiate a fair but fixed rate if possible.

Thanks

Dann C.

califdann@aol.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am in Pattaya in October 2011, and would like to rent a condo for a week. Either a studio or a 1 bedroom. I plan on retiring to Thailand at some time in the near future, and have only ever stayed in hotels in Pattaya in the past. I want to get a feel of condo life on this trip. So, anyone on the forum who has a condo for rent or knows of anyone, I would appreciate some info regarding same. I have tried the condo websites, but most want a minimum of 1 month, and more often longer. Also, there seems to be several costs which include room rate, utilities, and other costs. I understand this, and want to negotiate a fair but fixed rate if possible.

Thanks

Dann C.

califdann@aol.com

You might find it difficult to get a week in a condo. I think Dancwatcher does nightly rent.

http://dancewatchers.com/

You might find it difficult to get a week in a condo. I think Dancwatcher does nightly rent.

Thanks: I looked at the Dancewatcher site, and you are right. A week rental is difficult to find. Last time I was in Pattaya, I was working with a real estate agent about the purchase of a condo. Wish I had kept her contact info.

Dann C.

Nice to see Tiks not took the condos off Him yet, must have Her well trained.

GET A HOTEL, why bother with a condo for a week?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Nice to see Tiks not took the condos off Him yet, must have Her well trained.

GET A HOTEL, why bother with a condo for a week?

Its a personal choice, Califdan states his reasons for wanting to rent a condo. I stayed in hotels for quite a few years and had a similar view to Pattayaman2001 but then got fed up of hotels (stayed in too many when traveling for work and on holiday) so decided to rent a condo short term, enjoyed it, decided to buy one and very happy I did. It's a different experience.

I have a condo for short term rent through Dancewatchers, its available in October. Downside it is in Jomtien whereas Califdan says he wants to stay in Pattaya.

For some people to stay in Pattaya is a must and others are ok with Jomtien. I prefer Jomtien it has a better beach, quieter during the day, the Condo is on the bhat bus route and only 10 -15 minute ride into Pattaya.

Califdan, best to give Dancewatchers a call or send an email, Tik and Mike will have something and perhaps in Pattaya. There are also other agents and if you do search on the boards you will find lists. Many don't do short term rentals.

If you are interested, my condo is available http://dancewatchers.com/5-VT2B_1_bedroom.html, I can also put you in contact with another BM who recently rented for the first time, he seemed to enjoy it and perhaps will be willing to share his experience with you.

Also when you are on vacation gve some thought to the darkside as a place to live when retired to Thailand. There are some PL wmembers who live there and will be able to give you some good advice.

Here are some photo's of my condo. Enjoy your holiday and enjoy the reirement.

post-2524-0-09244700-1309823684.jpg post-2524-0-27520000-1309823695.jpg

post-2524-0-72928400-1309823705.jpg post-2524-0-07383700-1309823763.jpg

post-2524-0-58795700-1309823773.jpg post-2524-0-77147700-1309823751.jpg

post-2524-0-88001200-1309823794.jpg post-2524-0-29922200-1309823804.jpg

post-2524-0-07103000-1309823784.jpg

Edited by som nam na

Nobody in their right mind owning a condo would rent it out for a week. Minimum a month, ideally 3 months +

If you are here for a week do yourself a favor and check into a hotel and dont be worrying over deposits deposits and utility bills and towels, bedclothes and cleaner etc

Nobody in their right mind owning a condo would rent it out for a week. Minimum a month, ideally 3 months +

If you are here for a week do yourself a favor and check into a hotel and dont be worrying over deposits deposits and utility bills and towels, bedclothes and cleaner etc

Rob you are entitled to your view but IMHO it is bullshit :thumbdown: One size doesn't fit all.

The trouble with posting on boards is there are sometimes uninformed negative comments from other posters which although the comment may perhaps represent the posters genuinely held views the comments are actually way off the mark :harhar:

Facts, I own and rent out my condo on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Suits me fine, the condo is usually available for when I want to use it. I also have a very good agent, Dancewatchers, who provides a good management service for me and for the tenant. :thumbsup:

The condo is rented on a "Serviced Apartment" basis. It comes complete with everything, towels, change of bedclothes, cutlery, kitchen equipment and two very modern LCD TV's plus (if required)a cleaner. :thumbsup:

It is also cleaned before and after the rental as part of the service. Dancewatchers can even arrange for French Maid :thumbsup:http://dancewatchers.com/French_Maid_Service.html

Rental rates are flexible and can be inclusive of electricity and water. For tenants who want to pay for electricity and water on an as used cost basis the rate charged is equivalent to that charged by the utility company, no agents / landlords mark up. :thumbsup:

A reasonable (not excessive) deposit is required but Dancewatchers handles all that and no complaints from tenants who rent. Room deposits are very low unlike many other rental agencies. The deposit is normally 3-5,000 baht for a months stay and usually not required for the nightly room rates. :thumbsup: In all cases the tenant is responsible for damage.

Oh yes, not in my right mind .... the condo gives me an annual income. Its very nice to come to Thailand and have money waiting for me to spend. :thumbsup: Must be doing something right, the tenants are happy with the arrangement and so am I. :thumbsup:

I am in contact with a few of the tenants and have the emails to back up what I am saying. There is also the testimonial section on Dancewatchers website http://dancewatchers.com/5_VT2B.html

There are for and against arguments on the benefits of condo's versus hotels. The OP specifically stated he wanted to rent a condo to try the condo experience, he can do that with no hassle. There are also other agents other than Dancewatcher the OP can use :thumbsup:

Edited by som nam na

oasis management on the diana estate in soi bukow thats where i will stay when the family comes down in august good location and secure and do weely deals

Rob you are entitled to your view but IMHO it is bullshit :thumbdown: One size doesn't fit all.

The trouble with posting on boards is there are sometimes uninformed negative comments from other posters which although the comment may perhaps represent the posters genuinely held views the comments are actually way off the mark :harhar:

Facts, I own and rent out my condo on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Suits me fine, the condo is usually available for when I want to use it. I also have a very good agent, Dancewatchers, who provides a good management service for me and for the tenant. :thumbsup:

The condo is rented on a "Serviced Apartment" basis. It comes complete with everything, towels, change of bedclothes, cutlery, kitchen equipment and two very modern LCD TV's plus (if required)a cleaner. :thumbsup:

It is also cleaned before and after the rental as part of the service. Dancewatchers can even arrange for French Maid :thumbsup:http://dancewatchers.com/French_Maid_Service.html

Rental rates are flexible and can be inclusive of electricity and water. For tenants who want to pay for electricity and water on an as used cost basis the rate charged is equivalent to that charged by the utility company, no agents / landlords mark up. :thumbsup:

A reasonable (not excessive) deposit is required but Dancewatchers handles all that and no complaints from tenants who rent. Room deposits are very low unlike many other rental agencies. The deposit is normally 3-5,000 baht for a months stay and usually not required for the nightly room rates. :thumbsup: In all cases the tenant is responsible for damage.

Oh yes, not in my right mind .... the condo gives me an annual income. Its very nice to come to Thailand and have money waiting for me to spend. :thumbsup: Must be doing something right, the tenants are happy with the arrangement and so am I. :thumbsup:

I am in contact with a few of the tenants and have the emails to back up what I am saying. There is also the testimonial section on Dancewatchers website http://dancewatchers.com/5_VT2B.html

There are for and against arguments on the benefits of condo's versus hotels. The OP specifically stated he wanted to rent a condo to try the condo experience, he can do that with no hassle. There are also other agents other than Dancewatcher the OP can use :thumbsup:

Unless you have some type of set up like say the Pinewood apartments opposite soi 6 on second road (where its run as a hotel)I cant see how it could possibly be managed effectively and efficiently to suit the stayer.

I don't think I'm way off the mark at all, I think I am spot on.

As a holiday maker, why not check into a hotel, there are hundreds right now fighting for my Baht, pay 2 weeks stay for 3, tell you what, we will throw in a breakfast too. How can you compete with that after all your management charges?

And why would I want to pay a deposit? And how would I get it back? I want a stress free stay, I dont want to be emailing a month after I return home looking for money, arguing the toss about a broken vase............

A cleaner if required? A cleaner will most certainly be required. In a hotel my room will be cleaned as many times as I like at no cost to me, same as replacement of towels, I get good security and an English speaking receptionist. And as a stayer, in a condo, if the guy next door is playing his Bon Jovi too loud at 04.00 AM who am I going to call? Dont say Dancewatcher. No problem in a hotel,its sorted out in a jiffy

And I'm not suggesting you get complaints, the opposite, good luck with what you are doing, Im glad to hear you are making money and have happy customers

But I am surprised that you would bother renting it out for a week, what if it got trashed, the small deposit of 5000 Baht isn't going to repair the damage is it? And as a customer when do I get my deposit back? What if I disagreed with a meter reading?

How much do you charge for a weeks rental? The management fees/booking/deposits/utility/meter reading/logistics of cleaning and prepping/replacement of clean towels etc must be 2000 Baht and I dont know of any agents that rent apartments for a week or even a month (apart from you)they tell me its just not worth it, the admin is the same (if not more for the weekly stayer)so why bother. A 2000 Baht admin/management fee over a 3 month rental is acceptable,but for a week? Doesn't add up to either party

That aside, the OP has asked for a condo with a weekly rental, pm him and get the business and good luck . But please don't suggest that I am being negative, I'm not, if I was renting out apartments I wouldn't be interested in someone for a week, but that's a business decision, nothing else.

Thanks for the input. I guess I misspoke, er, misstyped. When I indicated Pattaya, I guess I included Jomtiem, and should have been more clear. The reason that I want to rent a condo for a week is that I am considering purchasing one in the future, but only have a week in Pattaya this trip. I want to get a feel for living/staying in a condo.

I am interested in renting Som Nam Na's condo for a week. Do I work through you? If not, please give me your agent's contact info.

Thanks

Dann

Thanks for the input. I guess I misspoke, er, misstyped. When I indicated Pattaya, I guess I included Jomtiem, and should have been more clear. The reason that I want to rent a condo for a week is that I am considering purchasing one in the future, but only have a week in Pattaya this trip. I want to get a feel for living/staying in a condo.

I am interested in renting Som Nam Na's condo for a week. Do I work through you? If not, please give me your agent's contact info.

Thanks

Dann

Thanks for pointing that out.

That being the case then i can understand why you want to rent a condo for a week and NOT a hotel

Thanks

Dann

Contact Tik at dancewatchers@gmail.com tell them it is Peter's Condo, VT2B 230/231, you are interested in and they will sort everything out. In case of any problems please pm me. Good luck and I hope it works out ok. Tiks husband is American and will help point you in the right direction for things to do places to go etc.

Thanks for pointing that out.

That being the case then i can understand why you want to rent a condo for a week and NOT a hotel

It is in the original post clearly explaining what and why, that is why I was surprised at your post.

Rob I understand the point you are making about hotels for short term stays and as a general rule of thumb it is spot on, but one size really doesn't fit all. Some people prefer condos and depending on the agent / condo the price can be either more or less than staying in a hotel. Also the tenants I get seem to want the experience and are not driven by the last baht, if they were they would be in a 300 baht room on 3rd Road without a swimming pool.

If I want breakfast I have it made for me and enjoy watching the cook at the same time, with our without her uniform on. Cleaning is usually done by the lady de jour, that's what I mean about "if required". Towels and bed linen are not a problem as we make sure there are plenty in the condo, so that one set can be in the laundry downstairs and one in use and one set spare.

As for renting short term then if you are right that " Nobody in their right mind owning a condo would rent it out for a week. Minimum a month, ideally 3 months +" then it must mean me and a lot of other condo owners must be in the minority.

Not had any problems with noise but I do know Dancewatchers are on hand in case of any problems with the condo as part of the service.

It works well for me, the tenants who rent and the agent. I get a 5 - 8+% return pa on my condo plus get to stay for free. Not every tenant is an arsehole and likewise Dancewatcher is a very reputable agent. He must be doing something right the amount of repeat business he gets. Rental rates vary depending on time of year and length of stay but are in the region of THB 700 to 1200 per night, the agents fees are clear and up front on his website.

Edited by som nam na

Sent an email to Tik earlier today, (In the email is a copy and paste of your notice to me to contact her) and am looking forward to a response.

Dann C.

I dont know of any agents that rent apartments for a week or even a month (apart from you)they tell me its just not worth it, the admin is the same (if not more for the weekly stayer)so why bother.

A 2 second google search found me ViewTalay 1 & 2 providing 1 week rentals.

Clicky clicky

post-12984-0-04504700-1309914701.jpg

Edited by Tripper

It is in the original post clearly explaining what and why, that is why I was surprised at your post.

Rob I understand the point you are making about hotels for short term stays and as a general rule of thumb it is spot on, but one size really doesn't fit all. Some people prefer condos and depending on the agent / condo the price can be either more or less than staying in a hotel. Also the tenants I get seem to want the experience and are not driven by the last baht, if they were they would be in a 300 baht room on 3rd Road without a swimming pool.

If I want breakfast I have it made for me and enjoy watching the cook at the same time, with our without her uniform on. Cleaning is usually done by the lady de jour, that's what I mean about "if required". Towels and bed linen are not a problem as we make sure there are plenty in the condo, so that one set can be in the laundry downstairs and one in use and one set spare.

As for renting short term then if you are right that " Nobody in their right mind owning a condo would rent it out for a week. Minimum a month, ideally 3 months +" then it must mean me and a lot of other condo owners must be in the minority.

Not had any problems with noise but I do know Dancewatchers are on hand in case of any problems with the condo as part of the service.

It works well for me, the tenants who rent and the agent. I get a 5 - 8+% return pa on my condo plus get to stay for free. Not every tenant is an arsehole and likewise Dancewatcher is a very reputable agent. He must be doing something right the amount of repeat business he gets. Rental rates vary depending on time of year and length of stay but are in the region of THB 700 to 1200 per night, the agents fees are clear and up front on his website.

som nam na, I think if I step this argument up it wont do your business much good, so i'm not going to. You have your biased view I have my non biased views.

One thing I cant ignore though is this 1200 Baht a night? Incredulous........

A 2 second google search found me ViewTalay 1 & 2 providing 1 week rentals.

Clicky clicky

post-12984-0-04504700-1309914701.jpg

Anyone paying 1350 Baht a night for a room in VT2 must be mad!

And because they are advertising this doesn't mean they are getting any customers

Dont tell everyone they will all want one, did you not know the Pattaya experts that own nothing here say you cant make money :laughing:

Put in your savings on hotel fees that figure would increase, hmmm all that is net :laughing: Tidy way to work mate well done, the investors without vision always find a way to justify their lack of creativity :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anyone paying 1350 Baht a night for a room in VT2 must be mad!

And because they are advertising this doesn't mean they are getting any customers

Whether they are renting or not is a mute point, you claimed no agents rent Condo's on a weekly basis, I was merely correcting your false statement.

Whether they are renting or not is a mute point, you claimed no agents rent Condo's on a weekly basis, I was merely correcting your false statement.

I think Im fairly clear what I mean on this mute point.

:laughing: Its not a room, its a one bed condo.............. thats not a hotel room :laughing:

48 sq mtr studio.

Used to rent my house in France during July / August some years ago (house located close to the sea, and me being away).

Seasonnal renting, by week was what gave me the biggest income. And the agent that handled it was happy also, as it means charging 4 contract fees per month instead of one.

When rented for 2 1/2 or 3 months like that, it gave me more income then if I rented it for 1 year on a long term base .

som nam na, I think if I step this argument up it wont do your business much good, so i'm not going to. You have your biased view I have my non biased views.

One thing I cant ignore though is this 1200 Baht a night? Incredulous........

Rob you have created a major thread f**k here to which I have added by making the mistake of answering you. Califdan merely put a sensible question wanting information on short term condo rentals to which there were a couple of helpful replies from Obession, Gator001, Trpper, etc. I tried to answer honestly and posted photos to show what I had available.

You on the other hand misread the original post, answered the wrong question then proceeded to make incorrect negative misleading statements even when faced with direct evidence to the contrary. Condos are available for daily weekly and monthly rates on a serviced basis in Pattaya and Jomtien at affordable rates. There are agents out there who do this, Dancewatchers, Phil Christy, Buriram Boy (View Talay Condos) etc. The owners are who do it are not crazy just letting out good quality units for a reasonable financial return. A good arrangement for the tenants, owners and agents.

No wonder some people can find posting on Pattaya Boards daunting when all they get is the crap like you you are serving up here. My Grandfather gave me some good advice and that is when arguing with an idiot to stop. I am stopping now. :thumbdown:

Edited by som nam na