Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Tongue

Tasters Restaurant

26 posts in this topic

I have noticed for the last week that 'Tasters" restaurant in Soi Khao Noi near the former "Ann's Garden" appears to have closed.

It has not been open for a week or so and unless the guy is closed for a holiday it appears to have had it's day! If it is shut I can see why, as much as I enjoyed the food in there his patrons were very thin on the ground, rarely ever saw more than a couple of customers in there on any given night.

Sad but the slogan 'Location, Location, Location' comes to mind!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tasters is back!

Tasters_20120115_012.jpg

I am digging up this old post as I don't want to start a new one.

While I had a visit at the "Old Tasters" and wasn't really impressed, this time I visited it twice already as I think that there is some potential.

While the location is not too bad, one drives by easily as it is situated directly in the corner on top of of Soi Kao Noi. But I won't....not anymore.

On my first visit I was a bit hesitating whether I should write a review. Main reason was the menu for the farang food which consists of a few sandwiches, soups, some pasta and 4 main courses only:

-chicken breast with mushroom sauce

-pork fillet with mushroom sauce

-duck breast in pepper sauce and

-tenderloin steak (from pork as I was told by the waitress)

There is apple pie and ice cream for dessert as well as plenty of Thai food.

The good new is that the menu is still under construction. I hope to see a bit more choice of Farang food in the future.

Let's start the dinner.

I ordered a Tiger (60 Baht) and as I wasn't really looking for the "hotel feed" you get in almost any place I chose the Ravioli with tomato sauce.

When the food arrived the Thai cook came to point out what I surely didn't overlook:

The nice presentation of the food that looked like a face.

Tasters_20120115_001.jpg

She was delighted when I took out my camera to take the pics and her smile made my day!

Tasters_20120115_003.jpg

My experience is that if the food is presented nicely, it tastes good as well.

I wasn't let down this time.

A small portion and would better serve as a starter than main dish but at 125 Baht only good value.

As I wasn't really full I took the opportunity to sample the apple pie which was served hot and with a serving of whipped cream.

55 Baht only!

Tasters_20120115_004.jpg

The Espresso at 35 Baht only was presented nicely as well.

Tasters_20120115_006.jpg

Tonight I had to try it again. This time I opted for the onion soup as starter. Accompanied by a Beer Lao for 70 Baht.

For 45 Baht only I got a large bowl of onion soup with a bit of cheese. While I would have enjoyed a bit of bread either in it or with it it tasted excellent and even Davy who I met by chance and who joined my table made a comment about the lovely smell.

Tasters_20120116_001.jpg

As main course I selected the chicken breast with mashed potatos and musroom sauce.

I would have preferred a bit more of the delicious sauce.

At 125 Baht excellent value for money! I would suggest to add more sauce and put up the price accordingly.

Tasters_20120116_004.jpg

Next time I will try the Thai food.

I hope the menu will have some addition soon...and the prices will stay as they are, but I doubt they can be kept that low.

Could become a regular place of mine.

Tasters_20120115_009.jpg

I thought that food looked excellent and very good value and appreciate the photos, as did the chef it seems !!

Didn't you have Ravioli, rather than Tortellini though ?

edit. I love your food threads and review, keep it up please

Edited by ajsp9

Didn't you have Ravioli, rather than Tortellini though ?

Ooops, OP changed now, had too many Sangsom Cokes and mixed them up-cheers.gif

Thanks for the detailed update Camps. :thumbup:

great report mein fuhrer :)

Food looks good and I do hope the menu grows. Been passed a few times and it looks brighter, more inviting than the last time it was open, still looks low on custom.

Will pop in soon as I did eat there before and I was happy with the food.

Hmm looks like I will have my work cut out at my gaff.

Hmm looks like I will have my work cut out at my gaff.

http://idioms.thefre...ve+work+cut+out

have your work cut out (for you)

if you have your work cut out, you have something very difficult to do We're training a completely new team, so we've got our work cut out for us. (often in future tenses) Have you seen the state of the garden? She'll have her work cut out to get it looking nice in time for the summer.

Just in case the other German is reading this and never heard about.

I learn something new everyday

Well, don't want you to worry too much....went for the 3rd time and had the beef stew (main course no. 5 which I forgot to mention), very soft meat but it tasted a bit bland to me.

The staff messed up my order and brought my soup to another table, at least she apologized twice and even the cook came out to say sorry.

This time I had the creamy mushroom soup with a bread roll (around 60 Baht, don't remember) .....

Tasters_20120126_001.jpg

...followed by the duck breast with pepper sauce (175 Baht):

Tasters_20120126_002.jpg

Tasters_20120126_003.jpg

Tasters_20120126_005.jpg

I can recommend both dishes!

A cappucino (60 Baht) to round off the dinner.

Tasters_20120126_006.jpg

it certainly looks very nice :gathering:

Looks tasty, very nice presentation (and tableware) which is not so often in this price range.

Hope the place will survive and have good business

Campy.. looks very good indeed.

Sometimes have a very small menu means they can get the food spot on as it were.

I will be going there for sure.

Looks great

A bag of crisps from 7-11 will look great compared to the shite you have to put up with in flipper land mike.

This place does appear very cheap for what you are getting, I was at Mulligans Khoa San the other day ( because they have Kilkenny ) and the food was 3 x the price of this place and crap.

They have a massive banner up just now saying "STAFF WANTED". It should say "CUSTOMERS WANTED", because there is never any ***** in it!

I have eaten there and the food was ok. No better than i could achieve myself at home to be honest, and I'm no whizz.

This might be my last report about Tasters as I tried all the main dishes and the chef needs to be trained for some new items first.

Today I had the Tenderloin and chose the Blue Cheese Sauce with "Seasoned Fries" as they call them compared to the "Crinkle Cut Fries" I had earlier.

Tasters_20120129_002.jpg

Tasters_20120129_003.jpg

Tasters_20120129_004.jpg

The Tenderloin arrived "medium-well" while I ordered it medium but it didn't bother me.

All in all another dish I will order again unless they increase the price of 195 Baht too much.

As desert I tried the vanilla and chokolade ice cream, 1 scoop each. I would call it chocolade chips.

55 Baht.

Tasters_20120129_005.jpg

Something to clarify:

my restaurant reviews are usually a bit of information on what is going on. I don't make reviews if I would not go back and I don't necessarily think that these places are the best of all in Pattaya.

Some new dishes on the menu:

Fresh celery with blue cheese dip, 60 Baht. Somethig different and I liked it:

Tasters_20120221.jpg

Braised Pork Roast with Apple Cider Butter Sauce, 155 Baht.

Never had this in my life, difficult todescribe the taste but it was excellent:

Tasters_20120220_008.jpg

The pork has no fat, so it is a bit dry, but goes down well with the sauce:

Tasters_20120220_010.jpg

To Mali Miner:

The breakfast that you had and didn't like, was it called "Grease it up"?

Was told that this one is a cheap but large size brekkie for those who like a full plate at a cheap price.

If you want quality, try the other ones.

Looks good along with good prices.

Can you get the same in Germany for that price? I don't think so

Yes looks good, Mike what sort of shit are you eating in Manurela ??

Looks good along with good prices.

Can you get the same in Germany for that price? I don't think so

Its the restaraunt equiv of NP mate,cheap and cheerful heheheheheheheeh

Birthday party in Tasters on Wednesday, 11th of April, owners wife is celebrating hers with some free grub. Starts around 6 pm.