Members meeting at the ROCKHOUSE ...

Members meetings are held on the last Friday of every month and all members are welcome to join us.
Tell us you'll be there

All new Clubs ...

Clubs are a brand new way of supporting sub-communities within your site. Many people have requested social group functionality in the past and Clubs are our implementation of this concept. Let's take a look at a few screenshots, and then go over what they are capable of doing.
Take a look

Pattaya Live The forum community ...

Pattaya Live The forum, community ...
Latest News
  • Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 28th of July - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - -

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest hugh janus

The Six Month Visitor Visa

Guest hugh janus   
Guest hugh janus

Is this easy enough to get ?

You don't have to prove you've known them 18 months for this one do you?

Irish boy    49

You've got the Fever bad Wayne :laugh:

http://www.pattaya-live.com/index.php?showtopic=37432

This guy comes highly recommended. I also think he's in the UK at the moment, and has said anyone with a query can call him. He's Posted his Mob number, just have a look through his Posts or PM him.

Good luck Mate ;)

Guest hugh janus   
Guest hugh janus

You've got the Fever bad Wayne :laugh:

http://www.pattaya-live.com/index.php?showtopic=37432

This guy comes highly recommended. I also think he's in the UK at the moment, and has said anyone with a query can call him. He's Posted his Mob number, just have a look through his Posts or PM him.

Good luck Mate ;)

I have aint i ?

If it's lasted this long, which it has, it aint the blues anymore, it's something more, you're gonna meet her when we meet up in June anyway, so you'll understand, but Mulphy, Mike Asia, Bruiser, Plaka and loads of others have met her and they all know the score, Parky said she's a good girl and she aint going with other blokes while i'm back home, that's good enough for me.

Plus she goes to The RH on party nights & other times too, i'm sure if she was at it, i would get to know.

thanks Irish :)

Guest offshore sparky   
Guest offshore sparky

Use Thai Visa Express, he will explain everything and doesn't cost the earth. He did my wifes Visa with the greatest of ease.

Takes a matter of a couple of days for a tourist visa. The main thing is YOU have to show you can support her (or she can support herself) whilst in the UK and that she has a reason to return. The latter of the 2 is the hard one normally.

This is shown by money in her bank, a good job, ownership of a chunk of land. Normally having a kid doesn't hold water.

I'm sure he will advise you far better than I can :)

Guest hugh janus   
Guest hugh janus

Use Thai Visa Express, he will explain everything and doesn't cost the earth. He did my wifes Visa with the greatest of ease.

Takes a matter of a couple of days for a tourist visa. The main thing is YOU have to show you can support her (or she can support herself) whilst in the UK and that she has a reason to return. The latter of the 2 is the hard one normally.

This is shown by money in her bank, a good job, ownership of a chunk of land. Normally having a kid doesn't hold water.

I'm sure he will advise you far better than I can :)

We may have a problem there, she has no land or money, but i have pm'ed the expert :)

thanks

Sparky

Guest offshore sparky   
Guest offshore sparky

We may have a problem there, she has no land or money, but i have pm'ed the expert :)

thanks

Sparky

It does make it kind of more difficult mate.

We are thinking about bringing my wifes mother over for a few weeks. We are furtunate she has a fair bit of land and a farming income etc.. HOwever as a relative she probably would get a visa easier. Thai visa Express is probably the best of the agents in Patts. He certainly did what it says on the tin for both me and drumoak mate. You will be in good hands.

Irish boy    49

Why pay for an agent?

Oss what is the cost benefit analysis?

For me, for my first time anyway, it's peace of mind. Although it's not guaranteed, personally i'd rather pay a recommended Professional (as Thai Visa Express is) to give it the best chance :)

Guest gramps   
Guest gramps

For me, for my first time anyway, it's peace of mind. Although it's not guaranteed, personally i'd rather pay a recommended Professional (as Thai Visa Express is) to give it the best chance :)

How many visa'S you going for. :wub:

Guest offshore sparky   
Guest offshore sparky

Why pay for an agent?

f**k me what is up with you tonight?

I paid an agent because of various reasons, not that any of them have anything to do with anybody but myself and my wife! The same as countless hundreds of others do.

I wanted it done correctly having never done a visa before and to spare having a black mark against my wifes name if she had to re-apply.

I did not want to come over to Thailand just to do a visa and waste 1000's in doing so.

So the cost benefit is huge, it saved me flights, hotels and a trip to Thailand.

I would think it is EXACTLY the same in Hughs case. He doesn't want to fork out £2k just to come back for a holiday to do a visa which he has no idea about how to do. Possibly get it wrong and end up having wasted £2k trying it himself then having to go to an agent and pay him additional costs to sort out the mess. Fairly straight forward and simple I would have thought?

Same as my friend has done 3 times now for his missus to get a holiday visa. Same as countless others do.

I did my step daughters visa myself as had the time to read up and collate all the paperwork I required. I spent a good 2 weeks doing so and was not guaranteed in succeeding. Same as with an agent but at least an agent knows exactly what is required. I don't. Another big bonus with an agent, there is no language barrier. They have Thia speaking assistants who can explain EXACTLY what the girl needs to do.

People diss agents, such as yourself. I diss many professions myself as unecessary. But the truth of the matter is simple. Some people need certain professions while others don't. Some people pay for services while others do not require them. It is down to circumstances.

Your circumstances will differ from others. I don't need service engineers, electricians, joiners etc.. I would view tham as an utter waste of money where as others will require them. You can't run down one mans choices because they don't fit your needs. he will more than likely run down your choices as they don't fit his needs. Simple as that.

Guest offshore sparky   
Guest offshore sparky

Exactly mate. Peace of mind is worth its weight in gold. Neither you or I are professionals and have never been involved in that process before. For me it also saved me a lot of unecessary expense and travel.

Irish boy    49

How many visa'S you going for. :wub:

Not sure myself...........i'll let you know after my trip next month :laugh:

Guest hanibal7   
Guest hanibal7

Wayne,got a thai girl staying with us last night and tonight,then off to Wakefield,Yorkshire Sunday and her paperwork is unbelievable,tons of it.She went to a visa company and cost her loads plus 40,000+ baht for a flight.Their relationship is about a year but thats keeping in touch by phone.One has to keep records of everything,photos etc etc,what a f**king ball ache mate,and expensive.

BTW,

She had never worked in a bar until her thai husband left her holding 2 young kids,and she worked in the bulldog bar nect to RH

Guest offshore sparky   
Guest offshore sparky

Wayne,got a thai girl staying with us last night and tonight,then off to Wakefield,Yorkshire Sunday and her paperwork is unbelievable,tons of it.She went to a visa company and cost her loads plus 40,000+ baht for a flight.Their relationship is about a year but thats keeping in touch by phone.One has to keep records of everything,photos etc etc,what a f**king ball ache mate,and expensive.

BTW,

She had never worked in a bar until her thai husband left her holding 2 young kids,and she worked in the bulldog bar nect to RH

Is that a tourist visa or a larger visa as the tourist visa's are only about £80 plus the cost of the visa agent. Sounds like you are referring to a fiancee or spouse visa which currently sits around the £780 mark. Tourist visas are fairly cheap and quick in comparison.

The spouse one, in my mind, is more like BUYING your missus into the country. If you are unlucky like me, we opted to marry in the UK so it was £750 for the fiancee followed 6 months later by another £800 for a 2 year, then another £800 for a kids visa! A tourist visa is £80 or there abouts.

Link to the prices:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.UK/en/howtoapply/visafees/

I note it is now £76 for a tourist visa.

drumoak    8

I think the main benefits of using an agent are that you don't require to be in Thailand to help make the application and that Paul has a Thai lady who communicates all the relevant information to your lady. They are able to give advice on how she collects her documents and they check they are correct before the application is made. Added to this, Paul arranges for his staff to accompany her when she makes the application, gets her x-ray and takes some of the stress out of the procedure.

Guest Thai Visa Express   
Guest Thai Visa Express

The Entry clearanceofficer will be looking for:

· Evidenceof close contact

· Phone/email/photographs

· Assets& ties which may encourage her presence

· Landhouse

· Previoustravel immigration history

· The lengthof the relationship etc.

UnfortunatelyThailand is a poor country + in the UK we have some 500,000 people who haveover stayed their visas.

Guest Thai Visa Express   
Guest Thai Visa Express

Is that a tourist visa or a larger visa as the tourist visa's are only about £80 plus the cost of the visa agent. Sounds like you are referring to a fiancee or spouse visa which currently sits around the £780 mark. Tourist visas are fairly cheap and quick in comparison.

The spouse one, in my mind, is more like BUYING your missus into the country. If you are unlucky like me, we opted to marry in the UK so it was £750 for the fiancee followed 6 months later by another £800 for a 2 year, then another £800 for a kids visa! A tourist visa is £80 or there abouts.

Link to the prices:

http://www.ukvisas.g...apply/visafees/

I note it is now £76 for a tourist visa.

1. Settlement/Fiancée visa costs UK/BA Fees 42500 + X-Ray 2600 + A1 English tests 7000 = 52100 in Goverment fees
  2. Tourist/Family visit visa UK/BA Fees 3900 Baht

Guest Thai Visa Express   
Guest Thai Visa Express

Exactly mate. Peace of mind is worth its weight in gold. Neither you or I are professionals and have never been involved in that process before. For me it also saved me a lot of unecessary expense and travel.

If I want my house re-wiring I hire a sparky simple.

When you talk about agents fees people think the agent gets that fee ?

A typical office run legally such as mine costs 60,000 baht a month just to run !

1. Rent
  2. Staff
  3. Phone/internet/electric/water
  4. Work permit
  5. OISC Registration
  6. Vehicle/fuel insurance
  7. Computers

Guest Thai Visa Express   
Guest Thai Visa Express

It does make it kind of more difficult mate.

We are thinking about bringing my wifes mother over for a few weeks. We are furtunate she has a fair bit of land and a farming income etc.. HOwever as a relative she probably would get a visa easier. Thai visa Express is probably the best of the agents in Patts. He certainly did what it says on the tin for both me and drumoak mate. You will be in good hands.

She will require a family visit visa its the same criteria will she return to Thailand ?

Guest Thai Visa Express   
Guest Thai Visa Express

Why pay for an agent?

Its quite simple you are some 6000 miles away either jump on a plane and spend 2 weeks in Thailand and submit it yourself then sit around waiting for the result.

How much will this cost air fares hotels etc £2000 at a guess ?

Or pay someone to do it all for you , My advice is simple either do it yourself or hire someone who has demonstrated ability with applications.

Whatdo Immigration consultants do?

1. Entry Clearance (visa applications)
  2. Nationality Citizenship
  3. Residence
  4. Leave to remain
  5. Appeals against deportation
  6. Visa refusals (appeals service)

A visa shop travel agent probably would not know which way to turn with a difficult application one recent example I dealt with was we had a client with a drug conviction .

The applicant had been arrested and had attended Soi 9 Police station and paid a bail of 30,000 baht. and it was all sorted, I did not believe this so I sent her to Bangkok for a police check & you guessed it she had a record . Had I not sent her to Bangkok and marked no criminal convictions she would have now possibly been banned from entering the UK for 10 years for not declaring this on an immigration form.

I then submitted the application & reminded the ECO that he could only refuse it on the following grounds :

1. Was the offence your wife committed in Thailand also considered to be an offence in the UK?

2. Had this offence actually happened in the UK, could it have attracted a prison sentence of a minimum of 12 months?

Only if the two conditions above are fulfilled can any visa be refused because the applicant has a criminal record.

The visa was issued and the applicant is now in the UK & may I add everyone can make a mistake in their lives.

Edited by Thai Visa Express

Esco    422

There is no set time that you need to know each other but I reckon the chances of you getting a visa for her are pretty low.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but that´s the way I see it.

Esco    422

A visa shop travel agent probably would not know which way to turn with a difficult application one recent example I dealt with was we had a client with a drug conviction .

The applicant had been arrested and had attended Soi 9 Police station and paid a bail of 30,000 baht. and it was all sorted, I did not believe this so I sent her to Bangkok for a police check & you guessed it she had a record . Had I not sent her to Bangkok and marked no criminal convictions she would have now possibly been banned from entering the UK for 10 years for not declaring this on an immigration form.

I then submitted the application & reminded the ECO that he could only refuse it on the following grounds :

1. Was the offence your wife committed in Thailand also considered to be an offence in the UK?

2. Had this offence actually happened in the UK, could it have attracted a prison sentence of a minimum of 12 months?

Only if the two conditions above are fulfilled can any visa be refused because the applicant has a criminal record.

The visa was issued and the applicant is now in the UK & may I add everyone can make a mistake in their lives.

Good stuff Paul. This kind of stuff happens all the time all over the world. Seen it a couple times on Border Patrol.

Guest Thai Visa Express   
Guest Thai Visa Express

There is no set time that you need to know each other but I reckon the chances of you getting a visa for her are pretty low.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but that´s the way I see it.

UK Visa I would not take a client on unless they had 6 months of records between the applicant and the sponsor.

Lets not also forget other people in Thailand are wealthy and can sponsor themselves with no issues .

Irish boy    49

UK Visa I would not take a client on unless they had 6 months of records between the applicant and the sponsor.

Lets not also forget other people in Thailand are wealthy and can sponsor themselves with no issues .

Best get emailing now Wayne :)

CampariO    137

The Entry clearanceofficer will be looking for:

· Evidence of close contact

Best get emailing now Wayne :)

Hopefully he kept on of the used condoms....

Guest hugh janus   
Guest hugh janus

Thank you everyone.

Obviously this aint easy, but i'm sure there are ways and means, that's why i'm in email contact with our expert from here :)