Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cat Crumpet

Problems Embedding From U Tube To Here

16 posts in this topic

Spent nearly all day researching this problem , and now i've cracked it.

Here's a little tutorial if you encounter this problem.

1/ Select the video you wish to embed on utube to here

2 / Press the embed button under the video , this will show the URL or embed code for the video...copy it.

3 / Open up the section of the board you wish to embed in .....open new topic.

4 / To the left of the screen you will see "Insert :You Tube.......click to open.

5 / Now you will see 2 white boxes , one says insert video title ,the other says insert video referance ...........paste in the embed code to "insert video referance" (the lower box)

6 / Tap in anything to the top box ......for example "a"...............then click ok.

7 / Next you will either see the video you chose in a box on your post ............OR YOU WILL SEE A WHITE BOX !

8 / If you have the white box , this next step will cure the problem .

9 / Look at the "insert video reference" box ,and delete these ive have done a strike through through www.youtube.com

10 / Press ok , and your video will be seen . B)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Forget the embed code mate. All you need is what they call the "video reference". The URL of the video in your post is:

The bit after the "v=" and before the "&" is the video reference. In this case it's "7KzxEm5vEyE". That's the thing you want to copy and paste into the box marked "Insert Video Reference". It will appear between the resulting "youtube" directives.

Thus, for your example, the directive would come out looking like this (I added underlines so the command wouldn't be translated into the video box):

[you_tube=a]7KzxEm5vEyE[/you_tube]

...and removing the underlines in the above command gives this:

Forget the embed code mate. All you need is what they call the "video reference". The URL of the video in your post is:

The bit after the "v=" and before the "&" is the video reference. In this case it's "7KzxEm5vEyE". That's the thing you want to copy and paste into the box marked "Insert Video Reference". It will appear between the resulting "youtube" directives.

Thus, for your example, the directive would come out looking like this (I added underlines so the command wouldn't be translated into the video box):

[you_tube=a]7KzxEm5vEyE[/you_tube]

...and removing the underlines in the above command gives this:

Cheers for that ;)

Didnt understand Mangos reply, but Cat, you the man!

Mon plaisir! :laugh:

Took me many hours to fathem that out :) Good toon by the way :thumbsup:

Didnt understand Mangos reply, but Cat, you the man!
How could you not understand my reply?! The bit after the "v=" gets copied into the box marked "Insert Video Reference"! :blink: Step AWAY from the pink crocs and try again! :laugh:

How could you not understand my reply?! The bit after the "v=" gets copied into the box marked "Insert Video Reference"! :blink: Step AWAY from the pink crocs and try again! :laugh:

Tee hee

some thick cunts on here and they all show up in red and blue at the bottom of my screen.

Green rocks ! :thumbsup:

Bruce, I sussed it from Cats method, which he spent the whole afternoon figuring out, dont you think you are dismissing his work just a little? You dont have to win every time... ;) ;) ;)
But his method is incorrect and basically only works due to a bug in the software! It might not work in other versions of IPB.

Not to denigrate the diligence and hard work by my mate Cat, but does it REALLY make sense to allow what are basically erroneous instructions to remain on the board uncorrected?! :blink: One slap on the peepee for you defending such an idea! angry-spank.gif

Shall we do a poll to ascertain who cares that the instructions supplied by Cat only works because of a flaw in the software? IT WORKS, DILLIGAF?
So the fact that it accidentally works even though it is fundamentally flawed is all that matters?! Do you feel that way about, say, cars too?! :o

No, but that is how I feel about computer code, I`m not a software engineer you see? As Jeremy Clarkson said about the internal combustion engine "it`s all some kind of witchcraft", or something like that anyway.
So if I understand correctly, you're saying that only us smarty-pants software engineers can copy and paste a few letters into a text box, whereas all you non-technical types have to do a laborious procedure which gets the WRONG ANSWER, then correct that mistake by editing what you did and DOING SOMETHING ELSE WRONG?!

BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy097.gif

I've never been so glad I ignored my mom's wishes that I should become a doctor as I am now! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

OK, I give up. All you people who can't handle overly complex highly-technical computer-nerdy stuff, by all means follow a 10-step process to post a Youtube video. You highly-intelligent super computer whizzbang superstars do the incredibly difficult procedure of copying a handful of characters into a text box.

Happy now? kissing.gif

DILLIGAF!

:rotflmao:

I actually got the information from a techy site , the way in which it was worded (instructions) i personally found confusing.

All i did really was to see if the procedure worked , the re-wrote the instructions in lay mans language so it would be easy to understand .

It works :)

Bruce has the blues :p

Bruce has the blues :p
This guy eats that guy's lunch.

Wooohooo. :party:

Why were the mods having such trouble with this! :rolleyes: I think a minimum intelligence test needs implemented! :whistling: