Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LocalYokul

Htc Desire/hd2 Or I-phone 3gs/4g ?

which one ?   61 members have voted

1. 1. which one would you buy ?

• HTC Desire/Bravo
    • Apple i-Phone 3Gs
    • HTC HD2
    • Apple i-Phone 4G
    • HTC EVO (4G)
  2. 2. Android, Apple OS, Windows Mobile ?

• Android
    • Apple's OS
    • Windows Mobile

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

257 posts in this topic

iphone-4g-2.jpgHTC-Desire-540x446.jpg

the pix are of a 4G i-Phone & a Desire from HTC

specs for i-Phone 4G

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_4-3275.php

specs for HTC Desire

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire-3077.php

here's a comparison of the points that don't match :

post-2977-1276393716.jpg

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Its a no Brainer for me, I aint no apple I fag fan so its the HTC all the way for me, The EVO is nice but as Thailand dont even have a decent 3g network yet the added expense for a 4g phones is a w*nk.

anyone out there own an Android device ?

I'm keen to hear about their performance

I have had a HTC HD2 for the last six months and find it ok. It has a quick processor, a large touch screen and runs Windows Mobile. Therefore it has VPN, Remote Desktop and Microsoft Exchange, all which I require. The one thing which I don't like about it is the keyboard, it's far to easy to select the wrong character. Initially I thought I would just become accustomed to it but I haven't :D It is possible to buy a soft stylus for the phone, but unlike my previous TyTn2 it is not stored internally.

The 'Desire' is a huge leap forward from the 'HTC HD2' every review I've read can't fault it apart from the battery life.

Perhaps it's time for a new phone :D

yeah, I got the wrong pic, but right spec & the new i-Phone isn't 4G, it's just i-Phone 4

I'm strongly leaning toward Desire with Android

Perhaps it's time for a new phone :rolleyes:

you might want to stick with the HD2 if you like Win Mobile, as Desire is on Android

a friend of mine also complains cause his fat fingers hit the wrong keys on his HD2, LOL

No matter how hard I try I can't seem to justify paying US$650 for a phone packed with features I would never use. The only thing I might want it for would be that I could extend my Vonage VOIP phone contract for $10 per month more and d/l an app that would let me make unlimited free/nearly free worldwide calls over t'internet. I don't even make enough of those calls at this point to make that worthwhile.

The problem I find with HTC is nobody I know has one and when Im stuck about doing things on it I have nobody to sit down and show me.

My next phone with be the Apple because everyone knows all about these.

HTC is great if you are savvy with this technology.

you might want to stick with the HD2 if you like Win Mobile, as Desire is on Android

a friend of mine also complains cause his fat fingers hit the wrong keys on his HD2, LOL

TBO I hate all mobile phones, It's one invention which I would gladly live without.

No matter how hard I try I can't seem to justify paying US$650 for a phone packed with features I would never use.

I can, over the next two months I will be in the UK, USA and SA, im lookin to see where I can buy the HTC Desire outright the cheapest, my current N97 days are numbered !!!!

Edited by Tripper

two things that have me re-thinking this

HTC's Desire doesn't have a secondary camera, so when 3G is available nationwide you'd have to use a hands-free to do a video call

& the i-Phone 3Gs can be upgraded to iOS4 & it will then be able to do multi-tasking like my Nokia with Symbian

apparently they've not figured out how to jailbreak iOS4 yet, but I figure it's just a matter of time

reading lately that HTC Nexus One hardware will support the OS from their Desire

it's pretty similar from what I've seen the price on N1 is about 5k less

þ

post-7470-1276606089.jpg

post-5569-1276604714.jpg

right now the totals look like this :

post-5569-1276605486.jpg

HTC Android

I did consider that the i-Phone 3Gs prices should drop when i-Phone 4 comes out, & then you could upgrade a 3Gs to iOS4 making it multi-task capable

Similar with the Nexus One, apparently you can load a custom version of the HTC Desire Android 2.1 onto a N1 & it will do basically everything the Desire can do.

i have the htc desire....had it 3 months.

got it free with a £25 month contract(vodaphone)...unlimited texts and 600 mins any network.

the array of options and things you can do on it are amazing.

have to admit i tend only to use it for calls and texts and don't really bother with majority of options...also when got phone their was NO instruction booklet....it has set-up wizard which is so easy and then is pretty straighforward to hit icons and play around with settings etc.

i would rate it as 5/5 and my only gripe would be as follows.

volume both through phone and when on loudspeaker is not high enough plus is easy to cancel call by mistake ,due to touchscreen against your ear and you pressing end call button and being cut off.

it was exceptionally fast when i connected to net/downloading/viewing pages.

would recommend this phone and operating system and their will be a glut of free programmes shortly by sound of it,coming from within the industry.

low volume is something I can't tolerate, being hearing impaired from tending too many Motorhead concerts

I had to dump Motorola for this very reason.

The reason you may find it difficult to get in the US is because it was championed by both the HTC Incredible and the HTC EVO

The Desire is readily available in Thailand now, I've seen them in Tukcom and Central, and the real deal, not grey imports, they have Thailand maps and Language support straight from the box. If your sceptical then have a trip to BKK one day, you'll be sure to get it there cheaper also.

It certainly isn't a 'compact' phone but its size IS one of its features, some want the big screen and a big phone is the result.

HTC Thailand's website...

Desire Linky

If its a little large but you still want Android and everything that HTC is offering then the Legend is a bit smaller...

Legend Linky

Edited by Bigleg

i was also reading about that, seems pretty big to be carrying around

mike I have altered that post you are referring to as I have conflicting info

New details:

Desire: 119mm x 60mm

HTC HD2 : 120mm x 67mm

As regards to 3G, You'll have to move over to True as they seem to be pioneering 3G across Thailand, Dtac are also laying out their foundations now too.

Around 21000 Bht, and you can normally get and upgraded flash card as part of the deal

I wonder could we get a deal if say 5 of us want one. Maybe 18K each, 90K for a one off customer.........................

Think about it