Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.

mulphy

Pattaya Restaurants - Reviews

143 posts in this topic

Hi again folks,

We invite you to inform us of your favourite gastronomical havens.

From 5 star restaurants to Thai street food, give us your opinions and experiences.

Try to give as much information as you can, for example, name, location, how to get there, ambiance, decor, pricing and quality of food, drinks and service.

Even if youve had a negative experience at the dinery of your choice , please tell us all about it .

Photographs would make a welcome addition and help to get your review over to our members more comprehensively.

Once again no flaming, thread hi-jacking or malicious reviews will be tolorated .

Pattaya-live.com is THE place where every business will be given a fair hearing.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Casa Pascal are/were doing cheap 2/3 course meals so decided to give it a try. A disaster where the menu is eloquent but the food fails to live up to its billing. A fairly non-descript meal for two (one Thai meal) came to over 1000 baht including a 120 SPRITE! + +

Just back from Cherry's where an excellent meal with wine cost just under 1000 and that was for 3 people with free salad bar/amuse-bouche.

Casa Pascal are/were doing cheap 2/3 course meals so decided to give it a try. A disaster where the menu is eloquent but the food fails to live up to its billing. A fairly non-descript meal for two (one Thai meal) came to over 1000 baht including a 120 SPRITE! + +

Just back from Cherry's where an excellent meal with wine cost just under 1000 and that was for 3 people with free salad bar/amuse-bouche.

Cherrys is one of the best value for proper grub on the bright side IMO.

Went cherries tonight and it was superb but for me the best restaurant in Patts by far is Cafe Des Amis on jomtien nivate.

:brickwall:

Went cherries tonight and it was superb but for me the best restaurant in Patts by far is Cafe Des Amis on jomtien nivate.

:brickwall:

Nice but Cherrys is better value IMO

I'm not a fan of many Casa Pascal menu items. I only like the place for Sunday Buffet Brunch. But to give credit where it's due, their Sunday buffet is the best I've tried anywhere.

Rock Lobsters, Prawns, Crabs, Smoked Salmon, Pasta & Flamed Beef & Pork Tenderloin, Sausages, Lamb Cutlets, Steaks, etc. That's just a few of the avialable items. Have as much as you like. The trick is to starve for a day beforehand - it's the only way to enjoy it.

I love the place - but only on Sundays, and only in high season. (The brunch is high season only and started up again last Sunday. 899 baht all in.)

Edited by tomm

Le Saigon Bayview Restuarant.

I found this is my latest trip advisor news/updates. Seems very reasonably priced for a 4 course meal at 400 baht. Anyone eaten there?

Visit 14/09/09

"I challenge ANYONE to find a better restaurant for the price"

"I was first taken to this restaurant by a friend of mine who is sadly now deceased. When we arrived and walked through the reception of a condo block I was, to say the least, expecting to be taken to some abismal, shoddy venue. We entered the lift and went up to the 22nd floor then up a few steps and all I could think was WOW! We stepped into another world onto an open terrace overlooking the entire bay on which Pattaya is located. It was night time so the whole vista was coloured lights reflecting off the bay and so peaceful it was almost like being a mythological God on Mount Olympus.

The food was excellent a wide variety of international dishes and of course Thai cusine. Since this first visit I have so far taken 6 other friends to dine and they have all had the same reaction, it is breathtaking. In fact on my last trip myself and friends ate there no less then 4 times! We simply could not get enough. On this last visit we were priviledged to witness a lightening storm which raged all around us in the hills. This spectacle was simply magical. To give you an idea of cost ( price correct as of August 2009) we all plumped for the 4 course dinner on our visits. There were choices but to give an idea of what is on offer, I had the smoked duck breast served with salad garnish presented splendidly, followed by a light salad with a french style dressing. Both these courses were served with the most delicious array of bread rolls and bread sticks. I followed this with Rainbow trout served with a selection of vegetables which was simply divine and melted in my mouth. To finish I had the deep fried ice cream, a sort of sponge pudding type coated ice cream ball.

Now I hope i have made you salivate and I suppose you will all by asking what the price of such delicious food was given the stunning location? Well converted at the exchange rate at the time of 55 Thai baht to £1, the cost of this culinary delight was.........£7.18 per head excluding drinks! I have excluded drinks simply as it depends what you drink and how much of course! Wine in Thailand is very expensive and even in the supermarkets can cost £10-£12 for a reasonable bottle. They serve a small carafe of house white or red for £10 or a far more impressive bottle was on offer at £20 at the time of my last visit, so I don't think that is bad at all.

If you are in Pattaya I really do recommend a visit. If you don't want to dine late why not arrive just before sunset and take in the spectacular vista downing your favourite tipple as the sun decends behind the hills."

Actual review and pics.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews...ew-Pattaya.html

Edited by buddy1

as i got this kooky, desperate sounding e-mail a couple days ago i will respond with a short follow up on the le saigon bayview eatery 5+ years after the previous post, but will include pics of what i ate and some of the views from inside the restaurant. maybe the food hounds will enjoy this.

heres the e-mail, lol:

eskimo,why are you not online ? no excuses . no internet ? no excuse use a internet shop .

my phones packed in . no excuse buy another one. my pc / laptop is broken , so what .

my wife wont let me . big deal divorce her .

its past my bed time . grow up and stay up . my fingers have fallen off . get a prosthetic hand then .

yes you , im talking to you . Rockhousepattaya-live · 12-23-14

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to eat western for a change and ordered lamb chops from the 4-course menu. it came with a salad, a basket of bread, an appetizer, a side of potatoes, and desert and looked something like this:

post-33115-0-11468200-1419761506_thumb.jpost-33115-0-66462600-1419761525_thumb.jpost-33115-0-93998200-1419761539_thumb.jpost-33115-0-01949800-1419761554_thumb.jpost-33115-0-09584700-1419761570_thumb.j

total cost, including taxes, was 1221 B. 695 for the food and 465 for my cocktails - everything was priced at 20% off.

the chow was good, no complaints here, as was the service. I enjoyed my visit, but i was the only guest there.

the bonus here are the views, if you like that sort of thing and i will include some of those on my next post.

That looks like my type of meal. Just checked out the location on google - this might sound like a stupid question but ....how did you get to the restaurant?

That looks like my type of meal.

Toff. :smoke:

This is more my level lol.

post-76554-0-10953000-1419765745_thumb.j

wok n rok and nickys.

Toff. :smoke:

This is more my level lol.

Lol that's the first time I've been called a Toff.

I love my seafood, so your meal would do for me too.

Though it would be better with a table cloth, a strategically placed candle and perhaps some sterling silver cutlery :smiling:

Lol that's the first time I've been called a Toff.

I love my seafood, so your meal would do for me too.

Though it would be better with a table cloth, a strategically placed candle and perhaps some sterling silver cutlery :smiling:

Love the prawns and squid off the street vendors,plus have never got sick off it either.

On restaurants,my currant favourites are The Butchers Arms,their liver and bacon is to die for,and Rosie O'Grady's.

Been going to Rosie's since about 2000 and never had a meal i was unhappy with.

Love the prawns and squid off the street vendors,plus have never got sick off it either.

On restaurants,my currant favourites are The Butchers Arms,their liver and bacon is to die for,and Rosie O'Grady's.

Been going to Rosie's since about 2000 and never had a meal i was unhappy with.

I'm not much for restaurants while in Pattaya though may change that up next year - with that in mind, where is Rosie O'Gradys situated?

I'm not much for restaurants while in Pattaya though may change that up next year - with that in mind, where is Rosie O'Gradys situated?

some where in ireland l would think.

some where in ireland l would think.

Cheers mate - it's a bit iced up outside at the moment but if it thaws I'll go for a wee walk and see if I can spot it.

Middle of Soi 7 next to the Pig & Whistle.

I rate it highly myself,regular grub at reasonable prices.You get what you pay for.

I rate it highly myself,regular grub at reasonable prices.You get what you pay for.

Thanks.

That's all you can ask for in a restaurant IMHO

as i got this kooky, desperate sounding e-mail a couple days ago i will respond with a short follow up on the le saigon bayview eatery 5+ years after the previous post, but will include pics of what i ate and some of the views from inside the restaurant. maybe the food hounds will enjoy this.

heres the e-mail, lol:

eskimo,why are you not online ? no excuses . no internet ? no excuse use a internet shop .

my phones packed in . no excuse buy another one. my pc / laptop is broken , so what .

its past my bed time . grow up and stay up . my fingers have fallen off . get a prosthetic hand then .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to eat western for a change and ordered lamb chops from the 4-course menu. it came with a salad, a basket of bread, an appetizer, a side of potatoes, and desert and looked something like this:

rsz_img_3524.jpg rsz_img_3527.jpg rsz_img_3529.jpg rsz_img_3530.jpg rsz_img_3537.jpg

total cost, including taxes, was 1221 B. 695 for the food and 465 for my cocktails - everything was priced at 20% off.

the chow was good, no complaints here, as was the service. I enjoyed my visit, but i was the only guest there.

the bonus here are the views, if you like that sort of thing and i will include some of those on my next post.

I like this post mate, please do some more

Never eaten there, been to Pig and Whistle a good few times

That looks like my type of meal. Just checked out the location on google - this might sound like a stupid question but ....how did you get to the restaurant?

alex, its not far from the exit/entrance to the big buddha statue. its the next exit on the right hand side as you go east, i think its phratamnak soi 1. there is no sign posted the times ive been there, but its on top of the bayview building.

if you go please be sure to wear a top hat, monocle, bow-tie and cigarette with a holder, lol

alex, its not far from the exit/entrance to the big buddha statue. its the next exit on the right hand side as you go east, i think its phratamnak soi 1. there is no sign posted the times ive been there, but its on top of the bayview building.

if you go please be sure to wear a top hat, monocle, bow-tie and cigarette with a holder, lol

Thanks.

I never go anywhere without my monocle lol

heres the e-mail, lol:

attachicon.gifrsz_img_3524.jpgattachicon.gifrsz_img_3527.jpgattachicon.gifrsz_img_3529.jpgattachicon.gifrsz_img_3530.jpgattachicon.gifrsz_img_3537.jpg

Can you smoke in the Restaurant?

It's on Soi 7, roughly halfway between Beach and 2nd Roads and sandwiched between two other restaurants, Olala and the Pig and Whistle.

Evil

Edit in: sorry, I didn't see the question had been answered. Only half the thread loaded due to weak connection.

as mentioned before, here are some of the views you can see from the Le Saigon Restaurant

post-33115-0-32943100-1419931726_thumb.jpost-33115-0-85796500-1419931743_thumb.jpost-33115-0-48387500-1419931761_thumb.jpost-33115-0-06041700-1419931776_thumb.jpost-33115-0-92183500-1419931793_thumb.jpost-33115-0-14499700-1419931813_thumb.jpost-33115-0-50910300-1419931844_thumb.j