Jump to content

Members meeting at the ROCKHOUSE ...

Members meetings are held on the last Friday of every month and all members are welcome to join us.
Tell us you'll be there

All new Clubs ...

Clubs are a brand new way of supporting sub-communities within your site. Many people have requested social group functionality in the past and Clubs are our implementation of this concept. Let's take a look at a few screenshots, and then go over what they are capable of doing.
Take a look

We Need Your Support

. We need your support if this forum is going to continue .
DONATE NOW
Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 29th of September - - - £$ Don't forget monday is the last chance to join the lottery syndicate ... You have to be in it to win it....!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.


Sign in to follow this  
Happy Falang

Deep investigation of expats

Recommended Posts

Happy Falang    19

New immigration boss vows deep investigation of expats

1249_n7super.jpg

PATTAYA – The newly appointed head of the Chonburi Immigration Office said anyone applying for long-term visas would be thoroughly investigated.

Pol. Col. Songprode Siri­sukha was introduced as the new Pattaya area immigration chief June 27. Pol. Maj. Satawat Srirattanapong was named deputy in the annual reshuffle.

Songprode told his new staff he intends to dedicate his work and commitments toward the security of visitors to Pattaya and the surrounding areas.

Part of that will be ensuring that those on long-term visas are safe to have in the country. Therefore, people who are requesting a long-stay permit will be thoroughly investigated for the safety of the community and the nation.

He added that illegal immigrants and international criminals will also be a priority.

Songprode is said to be a laid-back person with a friendly personality. His policy will be to provide services and welcome visitors with open arms as if they were family, staffers said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parky    2,094

Great news ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcfc2007    975

Great stuff.

Something every country should be doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nampla69    269

The greatest post that has ever been on this forum ........... :bananas: ..can't wait to meet old Songprode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rahovart    96

Whats a long term stay permit ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lanzalad    483
1 minute ago, Rahovart said:

Whats a long term stay permit ?

I would guess anything beyond a triple entry tourist visa.. 

Which would give you 60 days then a 30 day extension then a visa run out and into Thailand i.e. a border run

Then you would get 60 more days then a 30 day extension then a visa run out and into Thailand i.e. a border run

Then you would get 60 more days then a 30 day extension then a visa run out and then your not a tourist any more....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rahovart    96
2 minutes ago, lanzalad said:

I would guess anything beyond a triple entry tourist visa.. 

Which would give you 60 days then a 30 day extension then a visa run out and into Thailand i.e. a border run

Then you would get 60 more days then a 30 day extension then a visa run out and into Thailand i.e. a border run

Then you would get 60 more days then a 30 day extension then a visa run out and then your not a tourist any more....

 

So nothing that is issued in Thailand then, I wonder how he plans on investigating the applicants then ?

I think it is a great idea to weed out the filth and scum but I fail to see how he can do it from within Thailand.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rahovart    96
5 minutes ago, lanzalad said:

I would guess anything beyond a triple entry tourist visa.. 

Which would give you 60 days then a 30 day extension then a visa run out and into Thailand i.e. a border run

Then you would get 60 more days then a 30 day extension then a visa run out and into Thailand i.e. a border run

Then you would get 60 more days then a 30 day extension then a visa run out and then your not a tourist any more....

 

ignore my previous reply, I cannot edit it but I miss read your post, your are talking about extensions not visa's. My bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lanzalad    483

The first thing they can check very easily is funds.. bank accounts 

i've heard of people going for a new retirement visa and they have been asked for a new up to date book for that day where many may have been done a few days before and the account has been doctored to suit your needs at a price from the bank manager....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sexy man    66

agree check bank accounts randomly i know a few falangs who pay under the counter for retirement visa and havent got a pot to piss in

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thai spice    1,085

Hummm, as long as his staff wants to drive Bemmers or Mercs this is not going to stop.....

Every flights passengers list is run through computers before the flights arrives in most countries, and if one is on a "bad boys" list he will have a reception commitee waiting for him. But of course the real bad ones will not travel under their real name...

The pensioners, desperate to stay in LOS, but without the means will go for the "agent" that will have their visa sorted for a price, but than again, those guys (even pitifull) are not the dangerous ones...

Problem is there is more and more of them, so it starts to attract attention, so they feel "something has to be done"..... Same as for the student visa and 30K "teachers" !

And at the end, don't forget they don't like farangs......

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parky    2,094
5 hours ago, Rahovart said:

So nothing that is issued in Thailand then, I wonder how he plans on investigating the applicants then ?

I think it is a great idea to weed out the filth and scum but I fail to see how he can do it from within Thailand.

 

Forums would me a great place to start, if a BM hides  makes you wonder... Hunt down the filth and scum...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parky    2,094
2 hours ago, sexy man said:

agree check bank accounts randomly i know a few falangs who pay under the counter for retirement visa and havent got a pot to piss in

lol I know  who ran out of the shop after hearing the price ... a mate of mine took this melt in ..

'He was going to buy a visa ' you know the type always going to do something , does nothing,,, he heard 12k or something and ran out ... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tommy dee    607
21 minutes ago, Parky said:

lol I know  who ran out of the shop after hearing the price ... a mate of mine took this melt in ..

'He was going to buy a visa ' you know the type always going to do something , does nothing,,, he heard 12k or something and ran out ... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

12K would b very cheap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parky    2,094
2 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

12K would b very cheap

Yes was about 3 years ago now,,, heard it's gone up... I just get mine the standard way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob Jones    841
3 hours ago, Parky said:

Yes was about 3 years ago now,,, heard it's gone up... I just get mine the standard way.

The way to do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sexy man    66

guy i know paid 12 k last year but this year had to pay 15k and thats one of the cheaper ones

dont know how he lives here gets only aussie old age pension 758 aussie dollars per fortnight [around 38-40 thousand a month]

his rent in a small room i saw him pay last week was 7056 baht for everything

no insurance or anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thai spice    1,085
2 hours ago, sexy man said:

guy i know paid 12 k last year but this year had to pay 15k and thats one of the cheaper ones

dont know how he lives here gets only aussie old age pension 758 aussie dollars per fortnight [around 38-40 thousand a month]

his rent in a small room i saw him pay last week was 7056 baht for everything

no insurance or anything

So that leaves him about 30 K to "live" on......   :(

Again a reminder how important is it to plan for retirement from young age, and not just start think about it at 50......

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parky    2,094
19 minutes ago, thai spice said:

So that leaves him about 30 K to "live" on......   :(

Again a reminder how important is it to plan for retirement from young age, and not just start think about it at 50......

 

 

If people start at 20 it's a lay down ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Tongue    1,217

I make more money on the 800,000 baht leaving it offshore for 3 months than the cost of an agent processing my extension.

That plus doing all the leg work needed for an extension and no need to visit immigration is a smart financial decision for me.

We are not all paupers and pitiful but sometimes astute and careful with our money.

As long as the head of Pattaya immigration enjoys a bonus which is trickled down to his happy troops then I expect I might action this agency service again.

Of course if it does stop then I would still be in a position to adopt the normal procedure for obtaining my extensions.

I might not be happy but if these nefarious (but available) ways are clamped down then I think the head of immigration will be put out of joint financially far more than me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parky    2,094
48 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

I make more money on the 800,000 baht leaving it offshore for 3 months than the cost of an agent processing my extension.

That plus doing all the leg work needed for an extension and no need to visit immigration is a smart financial decision for me.

We are not all paupers and pitiful but sometimes astute and careful with our money.

As long as the head of Pattaya immigration enjoys a bonus which is trickled down to his happy troops then I expect I might action this agency service again.

Of course if it does stop then I would still be in a position to adopt the normal procedure for obtaining my extensions.

I might not be happy but if these nefarious (but available) ways are clamped down then I think the head of immigration will be put out of joint financially far more than me.

You can always show them your income , Darren at the Visa place behind Big C does it 2300 baht I seem to recall, the same as the cost of the embassy, 3 months bank statements...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
john42    342

Nothing will change but the announcement makes good reading for some I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parky    2,094
2 hours ago, john42 said:

Nothing will change but the announcement makes good reading for some I suppose.

You are wrong, nothing stays the same ever.. everything changes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×