Members meeting at the ROCKHOUSE ...

Members meetings are held on the last Friday of every month and all members are welcome to join us.
Tell us you'll be there

All new Clubs ...

Clubs are a brand new way of supporting sub-communities within your site. Many people have requested social group functionality in the past and Clubs are our implementation of this concept. Let's take a look at a few screenshots, and then go over what they are capable of doing.
Take a look

We Need Your Support

. We need your support if this forum is going to continue .
DONATE NOW
Latest News
  • Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 25th of August - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 25th of August - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 25th of August - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 25th of August - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 25th of August - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 25th of August - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 25th of August - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 25th of August - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - - Don't forget the next Pattaya Live meeting is on Friday the 25th of August - - - If you are planning on coming please make a comment on the thread for this months meeting - - -

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
thinkingallowed

Grab taxi

thinkingallowed    1,060

For anyone using the grab taxi app there is now an option for grab car which can be 25% cheaper. When the grab taxi price comes up swipe up and underneath should be a grab car price. 

• Like 2

lanzalad    447

Alex and I used it in Pattaya works well ... sometime...

Now the only problem the some drivers will drop your fare if they can't get to the door of where you are waiting..

thinkingallowed    1,060

Did a test quote when I got to Suvarnabhumi yesterday. There were grab cars and taxis available within seven minutes offering rides to central Pattaya for 1000 baht. Probably have to pay tolls on top but an option if you forget to book or your taxi doesn't turn up. 

lanzalad    447
29 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Did a test quote when I got to Suvarnabhumi yesterday. There were grab cars and taxis available within seven minutes offering rides to central Pattaya for 1000 baht. Probably have to pay tolls on top but an option if you forget to book or your taxi doesn't turn up. 

Only 60 baht mate

• Like 1

thinkingallowed    1,060
3 minutes ago, lanzalad said:

Only 60 baht mate

Yes but an extra beer down the Plaza plus a toilet token. 

• Like 1

vpi78    704
10 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

Yes but an extra beer down the Plaza plus a toilet token. 

Yep, nobody likes a LDOP driving up Pattaya costs for the rest of us.

• Like 3

tommy dee    567
20 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Any advantage over Uber?

they are so far.. legal.  Ueber is banned here

Buckfast    1,071
4 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

they are so far.. legal.  Ueber is banned here

You saying the Uber app doesn't work in Pattaya ? Or someone said it's banned?

tommy dee    567
2 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

You saying the Uber app doesn't work in Pattaya ? Or someone said it's banned?

it works.  but it is currently illegal in thailand, as it is in many countries right now.

drivers get ncked almost daily and there is a battle between regular cabs and them.  they also cant pickup outside airports

Murchie    574

Used grab taxi last Saturday, previously it was always a green/yellow taxi that would pick us up. This time it was just a guy in a white Toyota, interestingly he asked to be paid just before dropping us off. 

thinkingallowed    1,060
4 hours ago, Murchie said:

Used grab taxi last Saturday, previously it was always a green/yellow taxi that would pick us up. This time it was just a guy in a white Toyota, interestingly he asked to be paid just before dropping us off. 

They are a bit shy of picking up or accepting money at certain places, won't do it near motorcycle taxi spots for instance. 

Murchie    574
10 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

They are a bit shy of picking up or accepting money at certain places, won't do it near motorcycle taxi spots for instance. 

Well was coming to meet you at the time and there's a good few taxis sit outside the avenues. 

The fact it wasn't a green/yellow taxi that picked us up got me more than anything. Is any old car owner using grab taxi. 

thinkingallowed    1,060
2 minutes ago, Murchie said:

Well was coming to meet you at the time and there's a good few taxis sit outside the avenues. 

The fact it wasn't a green/yellow taxi that picked us up got me more than anything. Is any old car owner using grab taxi. 

Every time I've used grab taxi it has been a taxi and any time I've used grab car it has been a normal car. 

Not surprised they don't want to be seen taking money by the "meter" taxi mob out side of the Avenue. 

Murchie    574
14 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Every time I've used grab taxi it has been a taxi and any time I've used grab car it has been a normal car. 

Not surprised they don't want to be seen taking money by the "meter" taxi mob out side of the Avenue. 

Possible she used grab car, I don't ask I just pay. You know how it is☺️☺️☺️☺️ Just get me to the ball on time. 

lanzalad    447
On 04/06/2017 at 10:43 AM, Murchie said:

Possible she used grab car, I don't ask I just pay. You know how it is☺️☺️☺️☺️ Just get me to the ball on time. 

Three sheets to the wind mate after leaving the RH at 3am .... 

nickrock    353
4 hours ago, lanzalad said:

Three sheets to the wind mate after leaving the RH at 3am .... 

The RH tends to do that to you if you stay too long

• Like 1

thai spice    1,029
20 minutes ago, nickrock said:

The RH tends to do that to you if you stay too long

Think I found the right solution, bring my son with me, him speaking thai, it can be handy to bring the old frog home....

On the other hand getting him at 21 old in contact with some old hands in RH is maybe not the best idea...... Anyway, he has to learn, so better do it with me !

And yep, his English is fluent as some will have noticed.

• Like 1

nickrock    353
5 hours ago, thai spice said:

Think I found the right solution, bring my son with me, him speaking thai, it can be handy to bring the old frog home....

On the other hand getting him at 21 old in contact with some old hands in RH is maybe not the best idea...... Anyway, he has to learn, so better do it with me !

And yep, his English is fluent as some will have noticed.

Not sure the RH could corrupt a 21 year old with that French thai pedigree lol

Parky    2,019

I read in here there is a place in Pattaya where you can 'Walk everywhere ' who needs a taxi 55555

thai spice    1,029
1 hour ago, Parky said:

I read in here there is a place in Pattaya where you can 'Walk everywhere ' who needs a taxi 55555

From R.H. to Momento half pissed is a long way for an old man........

• Like 1

Parky    2,019
7 minutes ago, thai spice said:

From R.H. to Momento half pissed is a long way for an old man........

VT6 is the magical place , if you stay there you can walk everywhere 😆 Via soi Honey to see your girlfriend 😂😂😂😂

thai spice    1,029
1 hour ago, Parky said:

VT6 is the magical place , if you stay there you can walk everywhere 😆 Via soi Honey to see your girlfriend 😂😂😂😂

And when tired walking one can always jump.......:laugh:

• Like 1

Parky    2,019
1 hour ago, thai spice said:

And when tired walking one can always jump.......:laugh:

Classic,  he was depressed as his "Different girl  " had a Thai guy ...... The classic Pattaya goon ..