Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.


  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Tongue

Division 2 Playoffs

14 posts in this topic

Saw all the goals from the 2 playoffs last night, now that is exciting football for the neutrals and the winners. May not be top class quality but riveting stuff all the same.

Both games had winning goals scored in the last minute.

Both games ended 6 v 5 on aggregate and for Exeter and Blackpool some very happy fans.

Really looking forward to the final at Wembley.

https://youtu.be/z9oEeQ1iII8

https://youtu.be/_KIFRCkpSAw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Tongue said:

Saw all the goals from the 2 playoffs last night, now that is exciting football for the neutrals and the winners. May not be top class quality but riveting stuff all the same.

Both games had winning goals scored in the last minute.

Both games ended 6 v 5 on aggregate and for Exeter and Blackpool some very happy fans.

Really looking forward to the final at Wembley.

https://youtu.be/z9oEeQ1iII8

https://youtu.be/_KIFRCkpSAw

Thanks for posting. That's what football is all about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping Huddersfield can make it into the EPL.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Al McReady said:

Hoping Huddersfield can make it into the EPL.

I second that. Would love to see Chelsea playing up north, screw Reading. Never liked them ever since that tosser tried to kill Cech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit sad for Carlisle United who I used to watch as a young boy. Oh those heady days when the Cumbrians won promotion to the old division 1 and beat Chelsea, Middlesbrough and Tottenham Hotspur to be top of the league on August 24th 1974. It didn't last and they were relegated the same season. Some big scalps were taken though with victories over Arsenal, Manchester City, Everton and the eventual champions Derby. They also made the last eight of the FA cup that season. 

Here's a copy & paste from an article about it... 

For the club to even get to the top division at all was described by Bill Shankly as "the greatest feat in the history of the game" when interviewed ahead of the FA Cup final between Liverpool and Newcastle, which was played a day after Carlisle had clinched promotion. He would know, having started his managerial career at the club in 1949 and struggled with limited resources and its remote location.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Bit sad for Carlisle United who I used to watch as a young boy. Oh those heady days when the Cumbrians won promotion to the old division 1 and beat Chelsea, Middlesbrough and Tottenham Hotspur to be top of the league on August 24th 1974. It didn't last and they were relegated the same season. Some big scalps were taken though with victories over Arsenal, Manchester City, Everton and the eventual champions Derby. They also made the last eight of the FA cup that season. 

Here's a copy & paste from an article about it... 

For the club to even get to the top division at all was described by Bill Shankly as "the greatest feat in the history of the game" when interviewed ahead of the FA Cup final between Liverpool and Newcastle, which was played a day after Carlisle had clinched promotion. He would know, having started his managerial career at the club in 1949 and struggled with limited resources and its remote location.

Sorry about that, would have been happy to see Carlisle progress further.  For Exeter they were bottom of division 2 end of November. Blackpool also were 10th in February so both clubs have done well. I have no favourite for the move up a division now so should be a great final to watch.

Also would have liked to have seen Tranmere Rovers get out of the national league but Forest Green have that honour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

Sorry about that, would have been happy to see Carlisle progress further.  For Exeter they were bottom of division 2 end of November. Blackpool also were 10th in February so both clubs have done well. I have no favourite for the move up a division now so should be a great final to watch.

Also would have liked to have seen Tranmere Rovers get out of the national league but Forest Green have that honour.

Aye Carlisle were sort of the anti form team of the division. 

Yes felt sorry for Tranmere, and Gazza54 (formally of this parish) who was at Wembley for the game. 

Forest Green and their fairly rich vegan owner have even a metrosexula, PC loving, bit left wing person like me thinking f**k off with your teams that will implode without their sugar daddy and if a chap/chappess is spending his hard earned cash and time to follow a fairy crappy team he deserves the chance to have a meat pie at half time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/05/2017 at 3:01 PM, thinkingallowed said:

Aye Carlisle were sort of the anti form team of the division. 

Yes felt sorry for Tranmere, and Gazza54 (formally of this parish) who was at Wembley for the game. 

Forest Green and their fairly rich vegan owner have even a metrosexula, PC loving, bit left wing person like me thinking f**k off with your teams that will implode without their sugar daddy and if a chap/chappess is spending his hard earned cash and time to follow a fairy crappy team he deserves the chance to have a meat pie at half time. 

I bumped into Gazza54 twice on his recent trip, he was in fine form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Parky said:

I bumped into Gazza54 twice on his recent trip, he was in fine form.

the guy has as much class as tranmere rovers .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Parky said:

I bumped into Gazza54 twice on his recent trip, he was in fine form.

That was twice more than me, sad to miss him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Millwall fans invaded the pitch after beating the Grooming Gangs from oop North ....... their goal scorer Steve Morrison said it spoilt the whole day for him.:hot:

 

Why ??? They're Millwall fans biggest thugs in the UK horrible nasty racist people and shit ground even the new little poxy stadium.

Edited by nampla69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

div 2 final on sky sports 1 on sat 3pm brit time 9pm in thailand

 

league championship final on monday 29th 3pm brit time 9pm thai time on sky sports

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

luton were so unlucky to score 5 goals in 2 games and lose.brian wasn't happy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry guys div 2 playoff is sun at 3pm not sat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt