Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community.

Don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup and become a member.

Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.

Start new topics and reply to others

Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

Get your own profile page and make new friends

Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thinkingallowed

EVA Air emergency exit row

26 posts in this topic

Right I'm flying scum class next week with EVA

Am I correct in thinking they don't allocate emergency exit rows until check in at the airport? Or will they be available when online check in begins. 

If it is at the airport what time do the desks open? 

Any info that will help me nab one of these seats will be appreciated. 

#slummingitattheback

23 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Right I'm flying scum class next week with EVA

Am I correct in thinking they don't allocate emergency exit rows until check in at the airport? Or will they be available when online check in begins. 

If it is at the airport what time do the desks open? 

Any info that will help me nab one of these seats will be appreciated. 

#slummingitattheback

In my experience they never allocated until check in,  but not flown with them for 7 years..

I recall getting there at 4.30 and the desk being open , but as I say it's ancient info..

BA charge £62 for the rows, for a longun like me it's a steal ..

Good luck in trying to nab one.

20 minutes ago, Parky said:

In my experience they never allocated until check in,  but not flown with them for 7 years..

I recall getting there at 4.30 and the desk being open , but as I say it's ancient info..

BA charge £62 for the rows, for a longun like me it's a steal ..

Good luck in trying to nab one.

Cheers, 4:30 is early but if that's what it takes I could shoot over to terminal 5 for a haircut after check in instead of before. 

they are not allocated until check in,as they want to see if you fit an able to open it.you could call eva and request.

Back in 2002 I flew EVA and asked the travel agent to try and book the exit row for me. They told me I needed to be 6'4" to pre-book these seats so that is how tall I said I was and got an exit seat.

Don't know about now.

Just now, thegrogmonster said:

Back in 2002 I flew EVA and asked the travel agent to try and book the exit row for me. They told me I needed to be 6'4" to pre-book these seats so that is how tall I said I was and got an exit seat.

Don't know about now.

they also ask you questions when youre seated.are you willing to help others.?.had them a couple of times.as my above post I would call the airline.they will ask a few things,but you will be on the system.

0207 380 8300. nine am till 6pm.

37 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Don't know about now.

27 minutes ago, matthewh said:

they also ask you questions when youre seated.are you willing to help others.?.had them a couple of times.as my above post I would call the airline.they will ask a few things,but you will be on the system.

Cheers chaps, all help is appreciated. 

For them to give you a exit seat you have to be able and fit to be allocated a exit seat that's why they are blanked off on bookings on line.

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, lanzalad said:

For them to give you a exit seat you have to be able and fit to be allocated a exit seat that's why they are blanked off on bookings on line.

There's a lot of airlines selling them now. I was once on a KLM flight from Bangkok and there was an elderly couple sat in the exit row. Not only did they look too infirm to help I had doubts as to whether the guy was well enough to last the flight, the noises he was making trying to breathe. I talked to the FA about this and he agreed that selling these seats puts them in a difficult situation and admitted that he should have moved the couple. 

Just arrive an hour early an request it

90  per cent of the time i have been successful.

4 minutes ago, Al McReady said:

Just arrive an hour early an request it

90  per cent of the time i have been successful.

Cool, cheers mate. What's an hour early for the 21:35 departure?

20 minutes ago, Al McReady said:

Excellent. 

By law, they used to have to physically look at you if you are to sit at the emergency exit as you have to help should there be an emergency. So I heard. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, thinkingallowed said:

Cool, cheers mate. What's an hour early for the 21:35 departure?

I'd get there even earlier around 5.35pm and check in first thing. Ask at Eva not flown them for a while but always good service I found.

Terminal 2 is great and easy to while away the hours. I get to use the Star Alliance  lounges so even better :bbq: 

What day you flying out A mate   ??? 

Thursday the 25th m

5 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

I'd get there even earlier around 5.35pm and check in first thing. Ask at Eva not flown them for a while but always good service I found.

Terminal 2 is great and easy to while away the hours. I get to use the Star Alliance  lounges so even better :bbq: 

What day you flying out A mate   ??? 

Thursday the 25th mate. 

I used to have an office near thiefrow and would park my car there and fly Evergreen with Eva. And just like the Streisand song, it was top notch. 

Shorter check in times too as a third of their freight is cargo NOT people....

1 person likes this

Damn ---  day before ... could have got you in the lounges as a guest too. .... really nice bar downstairs under that main staircase btw. 

Restaurants upstairs overpriced and poncey. One bar upstairs is OK but gets crowded. Still iike Terminal 2 clean and modern unlike the old Terminal 3.

:drinks:

7 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Damn ---  day before ... could have got you in the lounges as a guest too. .... really nice bar downstairs under that main staircase btw. 

Restaurants upstairs overpriced and poncey. One bar upstairs is OK but gets crowded. Still iike Terminal 2 clean and modern unlike the old Terminal 3.

:drinks:

That is indeed a pity and thanks for the offer.

39 minutes ago, Rob Jones said:

I used to have an office near thiefrow and would park my car there and fly Evergreen with Eva. And just like the Streisand song, it was top notch. 

Shorter check in times too as a third of their freight is cargo NOT people....

Unfortunately the 747 Combis have gone, Evergreen is now called Elite which is more modern with bigger IFE screens but not as good in my opinion. The aircraft is now a 777-300ER that holds 313 people. Surprisingly they still managed to get 276 people into a Combi plus the cargo.

As an ex airline staff member who has been asked many times to allocate emergency row seating the following link covers it.  The link covers seating of children first, move down for emergency row allocation. 

I would think paying for a seat in advance still would not guarantee you that seat should the criteria for allocation not be adhered to regardless of your height.

https://www.caa.co.UK/Passengers/On-board/Seating-allocation/

Since Eva have been in the new terminal at Heathrow they operate an automated check in at a machine where your seat will be allocated if not previously booked and a boarding pass printed. You then go to a bag drop counter which isn't manned by Eva staff. At the counter ask for availability of an Emergency exit seat. They will make a phone call and probably have to leave their station to consult with Eva staff. The Eva staff arrive around 530 so if you arive before they do you can't change.  I have been successful doing this my last few trips apart from when i turned up too early and had to settle on my prebooked seat.   Good luck!

37 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Since Eva have been in the new terminal at Heathrow they operate an automated check in at a machine where your seat will be allocated if not previously booked and a boarding pass printed. You then go to a bag drop counter which isn't manned by Eva staff. At the counter ask for availability of an Emergency exit seat. They will make a phone call and probably have to leave their station to consult with Eva staff. The Eva staff arrive around 530 so if you arive before they do you can't change.  I have been successful doing this my last few trips apart from when i turned up too early and had to settle on my prebooked seat.   Good luck!

Thanks for that info.

My technique, although not with Eva, is to arrive 10 to 15 minutes before airport check in opens.  There may well be a queue of like minded people looking to bag an exit row seat, so ignore the check in queues and go to the ticket desk where hopefully there's no-one waiting. Ask the staff there for your preferred seat and Bob's your uncle.  You've just jumped the queue.

1 person likes this