#1 Guest_oMega_*

Guest_oMega_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

Posted Image

BMW 5series 1990 M-technic
Engine: Toyota 1JZ-GE 2500cc 24Valve Twincams 200hp
Faceliftet ! "Big Front"

2011 all control arms / Pitman / Silentblock / Springs / Shocks ^Bilstein^ / Head Gasket / Top mounts , Have been replaced to new ones ! Spent 60000 THB on upgrades 2011.
Also now at 24-February it was serviced with full syntetic oil from Wrth and same brand for the automatic box.

Interior looks Great ! Electric Leather seats Mint condition. XENON Lights , LED tail lights . 7 Speakers PIONEER sound system . Great handling and smooth automatic gearbox . ABS . free from acidents ! . 18" HAMANN wheels also free from any damages and have good low profile tires . The car is also Smoke and Animal free .

2 owners since new ! BKK plates . Registration Book .
Old classic car in good working condition .

255 000 THB . Located in Pattaya . 0896-709560 // David

#2 Guest_oMega_*

Guest_oMega_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

Attached File  BMW1_resize.JPG   137.02KB   0 downloads

235k include name transfer .

Posted Image

BMW 5series 1990 M-technic
Engine: Toyota 1JZ-GE 2500cc 24Valve Twincams 200hp
Faceliftet ! "Big Front"

2011 all control arms / Pitman / Silentblock / Springs / Shocks ^Bilstein^ / Head Gasket / Top mounts , Have been replaced to new ones ! Spent 60000 THB on upgrades 2011.
Also now at 24-February it was serviced with full syntetic oil from Wrth and same brand for the automatic box.

Interior looks Great ! Electric Leather seats Mint condition. XENON Lights , LED tail lights . 7 Speakers PIONEER sound system . Great handling and smooth automatic gearbox . ABS . free from acidents ! . 18" HAMANN wheels also free from any damages and have good low profile tires . The car is also Smoke and Animal free .

2 owners since new ! BKK plates . Registration Book .
Old classic car in good working condition .

255 000 THB . Located in Pattaya . 0896-709560 // David

#3 Guest_dalai lama_*

Guest_dalai lama_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

She is a beauty .Good luck with the sale .

#4 Guest_oMega_*

Guest_oMega_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

She is a beauty .Good luck with the sale .

Thank you Sir.

#5 mulphy

mulphy

you do need to get a life

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,990 posts
  • Interests:my interests include world news ,current affairs , sport , travelling , meeting people , good food , good drinks , good friends , fantastic music and beautiful women
  • Use Forename?:Yes
  • Use My Surname?:Yes
  • Post My Photo?:Yes

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

why no BMW engine ?

#6 LatinLover

LatinLover

getting there .

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts
  • Use My Surname?:No

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

why no BMW engine ?

Common in Thailand for people to swap out the BMW lump with a cheaper Jap brand when they are having Engine issues, seen loads of second hand BM'ers advertised with Toyota or Honda engines in them. Ruins the car IMO, if I bought a BM i would want a BM engine.

#7 mulphy

mulphy

you do need to get a life

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,990 posts
  • Interests:my interests include world news ,current affairs , sport , travelling , meeting people , good food , good drinks , good friends , fantastic music and beautiful women
  • Use My Surname?:Yes

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

Common in Thailand for people to swap out the BMW lump with a cheaper Jap brand when they are having Engine issues, seen loads of second hand BM'ers advertised with Toyota or Honda engines in them. Ruins the car IMO, if I bought a BM i would want a BM engine.

well to me its the engine that makes the car , so its really a bmw body on toyota engine .

so in essence its a toyota .

#8 Neep

Neep

Validus Brassica Rapa

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts
  • Use Forename?:No
  • Post My Photo?:No

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

The BMW engines are usually pretty bullet proof, probably too expensive to service and get bits here.
The straight 6 has a lovely sound to it IMO.

#9 Guest_Parkwahn_*

Guest_Parkwahn_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

I am not a car fan, but putting in a decent reliable Japanese engine is decent body makes sense, I can see how the car fans and petrol heads would scream no..

To me a car is a car...doors , wheels and a engine :give_rose:

#10 Guest_hanibal7_*

Guest_hanibal7_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

I am not a car fan, but putting in a decent reliable Japanese engine is decent body makes sense, I can see how the car fans and petrol heads would scream no..

EGZAKLY

Same same me too

#11 LatinLover

LatinLover

getting there .

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

But how reliable is it going to be after some Somchai has ripped out the old engine and tried to figure out the complex electrical systems in modern engines and tried to transplant one into another :thumbdown: I love the style of the old E34 5's but not with a jap engine in it.

#12 LatinLover

LatinLover

getting there .

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

well to me its the engine that makes the car , so its really a bmw body on toyota engine .

so in essence its a toyota .

Pretty much, it's a Toyota that looks like a BMW :laughing:

The BMW engines are usually pretty bullet proof, probably too expensive to service and get bits here.
The straight 6 has a lovely sound to it IMO.

Great engine, I think what happens is Somchai buys these cars financed to the hilt and then cant afford the running costs after so hence a JAP engine goes in when the problems start.

#13 Guest_dalai lama_*

Guest_dalai lama_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

The fact its a Toyota engine ,would not put me off .In fact it can be an advantage with cheap Japanese parts advailable .The only worry i would have with the above car is that the head has been done recently .Meaning it has been over heating .Has the head been done properly ?Thats the big question mark .

#14 Guest_oMega_*

Guest_oMega_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

The fact its a Toyota engine ,would not put me off .In fact it can be an advantage with cheap Japanese parts advailable .The only worry i would have with the above car is that the head has been done recently .Meaning it has been over heating .Has the head been done properly ?Thats the big question mark .

Hi there... "head gasket" not sure if my english was translate that correctly., it was leaking oil from the top of the engine so i replace that "sealing" ., not a heat related problem as the car also has a Oil cooler radiator ,.

About Toyota engine., well its a much smarter option here in Thailand., All shops can repair and its dirty cheap.,
Then engine has good directly power and drain less fuel and M50 engine ! .,