Toggle %s

Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - 

The Quest For The Perfect Mac And Chesse

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#15 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Concrete Charlie

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,367 posts
  • Interests:Drinking free tea & cider
  • Use Forename?:Yes
  • Use My Surname?:No
  • Post My Photo?:Yes

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

Whoops! apologies to the painted toenail one :give_rose:

#16 Guest_Pedro_*

Guest_Pedro_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

Why anyone would eat this shite is beyond me.

Is it some form of kebab replacement you consume after double-digit beers?

Honestly, if you are going to eat shite, why not just pick up a 2 day old turd off the pavement?

Mac n' Cheese is for children. f**king comparing recipes... whatever next - "how to cook the perfect beans on toast"???? How to boil the perfect egg? Mama soup for beginners.

Bunch of f**king culinary Philistines...

Edited by Pedro, 19 February 2012 - 09:55 PM.

#17 Guest_Parkwahn_*

Guest_Parkwahn_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

Is it some form of kebab replacement you consume after double-digit beers?

Honestly, if you are going to eat shite, why not just pick up a 2 day old turd off the pavement?

Mac n' Cheese is for children. f**king comparing recipes... whatever next - "how to cook the perfect beans on toast"???? How to boil the perfect egg? Mama soup for beginners.

Bunch of f**king culinary Philistines...

I would agree the only suprise is its not a Filipina dish ? Cheese and Pasta... my bad cholestral would be proper f**ked :laughing: :laughing:

#18 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Concrete Charlie

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,367 posts
  • Interests:Drinking free tea & cider

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

I love the way the Velveeta is marketed as healthier than full-fat cheese when it consists of all the sweepings slurried together :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

#19 Al McReady

Al McReady

Mega Thread Warrior

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,487 posts
  • Interests:Football especially Glasgow Celtic.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

+1 :bad: :bad:

#20 Tise

Tise

getting there .

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • Use Forename?:No
  • Post My Photo?:No

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

I love pasta and cheese, but never tried mac and cheese. Will probably try to make it in a few days, and if taste good than I will make a huge batch of it and have it as lunch in school every day until the end of may. :D

Cheap charlie food that taste good is not something that I would say no to. hehehe

#21 Tise

Tise

getting there .

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

To make it properly needs a lot od cheese Tise, I wouldnt call that Cheap Charlie.

The recipe im looking at need 4dl macaroni, 1 table spoon butter, 1 tablespoon flour, 4-5dl milk 3% fat, 1-2dl shredded cheese, salt and white pepper. I love bacon, so I will add some bacon to it as well. But still, it looks like cheap charlie food unless I buy some expensive cheese, which I wont, because cheddar is really delicious, and cheap.

I will try to make a batch tomorrow. Hopefully it turns out really good. :laughing:

#22 Tise

Tise

getting there .

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

Not that I would tell anybody how to cook, but single cream instead of milk...
Take photos please.

ye cream makes everything more delicious, so I probably use that instead of milk. :laughing:

Will post photos if I have the time to do it tomorrow.

#23 Guest_vader_*

Guest_vader_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:52 AM

Used to love hienz maccaroni cheese,but now its just like their soups totally tasteless.

#24 thai spice

thai spice

getting there .

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:32 AM

Its food, but not really gastronomy.

The kind of stuff I eat from the shelve when I am too lazy to cook. But wouldn't eat it more then once a month

#25 Guest_Pedro_*

Guest_Pedro_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

Now cream & bacon?

You guys are in danger of making a carbonara...

#26 Guest_drf007_*

Guest_drf007_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

Cream or half & half is good instead of milk, plus I like to add some sour cream as well. Really gives it some zip.

#27 Guest_THE DRUNKEN DUCK_*

Guest_THE DRUNKEN DUCK_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

Whoops! apologies to the painted toenail one :give_rose:

apology accepted :smiling:

#28 Guest_THE DRUNKEN DUCK_*

Guest_THE DRUNKEN DUCK_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

Sorry Tony but the company blurb doesn't add up, here's a couple of quotes one of them from Wikipedia.

ps have you ever tried it? you can spread it on bread straight from the fridge.

But I guess a lot of Americans may think it's real cheese :whistle:

Use

One of the most popular uses for Velveeta is as the base in queso dip. The second most popular use for Velveeta is also in grilled cheese sandwiches. A great use of Velveeta is in measuring the speed of light using a microwave oven

Marketing and advertising
Velveeta is currently sold in the United States, Canada, Hong Kong, Philippines, and South Korea. At one time it was sold in the United Kingdom and in Germany (as "Velveta").[4] A similar product is sold in Australia as "KRAFT Cheddar".

Classification
In 2002, the FDA issued a Warning Letter to Kraft that Velveeta was being sold with packaging that described it as a "Pasteurized Process Cheese Spread,"[6] which the FDA claimed was misbranded because the product declared milk protein concentrate (MPC) in its ingredients listing. Velveeta is now sold in the US as a "Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product,"[7] a term for which the FDA does not maintain a standard of identity, and which therefore may contain MPC.

As is the case with most processed cheeses, the manufacturer recommends Velveeta be refrigerated after opening.

In the 1980s, Velveeta used the advertising jingle, "Colby, Swiss and Cheddar, blended all together" in its US television commercials [5] to explain its taste and texture.

Classification
In 2002, the FDA issued a Warning Letter to Kraft that Velveeta was being sold with packaging that described it as a "Pasteurized Process Cheese Spread,"[6] which the FDA claimed was misbranded because the product declared milk protein concentrate (MPC) in its ingredients listing. Velveeta is now sold in the US as a "Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product,"[7] a term for which the FDA does not maintain a standard of identity, and which therefore may contain MPC.

As is the case with most processed cheeses, the manufacturer recommends Velveeta be refrigerated after opening.

i like the measuring of the speed of light part ( A great use of Velveeta is in measuring the speed of light using a microwave oven)

no you can not spread it on bread straight from the fridge i have tried that and it does not work

Edited by THE DRUNKEN DUCK, 20 February 2012 - 11:06 AM.