Toggle %s

Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - Your forum need you and your support – We are now accepting donations to keep the forum up and running and there’s many ways to donate:- on line payments using PayPal – Credit / debit card payments – cash to Mulphy - 

The Quest For The Perfect Mac And Chesse

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_THE DRUNKEN DUCK_*

Guest_THE DRUNKEN DUCK_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

ok what is the best restaurant or bar in Pattaya or the World for Mac and Cheese or

what is your best recipe

below is a recipe from kraft foods in Canada I am not a fan of the baked style i eat it after it is boiled and mixed also i do not add the ritz crackers

What You Need
1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided 1/4 cup flour 1 cup milk 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETAŽ, cut into 1/2-inch cubes 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked 1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese 6 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1/4 cup)
Make It
HEAT oven to 350°F.

MELT 3 Tbsp. butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook 2 min., stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to boil; cook and stir 3 to 5 min. or until thickened. Add VELVEETA; cook 3 min. or until melted, stirring frequently. Stir in macaroni.

SPOON into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with Cheddar. Melt remaining butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.

BAKE 20 min. or until heated through

Attached File  VELVEETA-Down-Home-Macaroni-Cheese-1270.jpg   65.16KB   0 downloads

GM

#2 mulphy

mulphy

you do need to get a life

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,710 posts
  • Interests:my interests include world news ,current affairs , sport , travelling , meeting people , good food , good drinks , good friends , fantastic music and beautiful women
  • Use Forename?:Yes
  • Use My Surname?:Yes
  • Post My Photo?:Yes

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

the only place ive ever had decent macaroni and cheese in all of paattaya is in the nuang nual on walking street .

anywhere else is simply inedible .

i make home made mac and cheese nobody else comes close .

#3 mulphy

mulphy

• Root Admin
  • 53,710 posts
  • Interests:my interests include world news ,current affairs , sport , travelling , meeting people , good food , good drinks , good friends , fantastic music and beautiful women

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

boil your macaroni in salted water .

take a large spoonful maybe 2 spoonfulls of butter , not margarine , butter .

melt it until it becomes a liquid .

add a few spoonfulls of plain flour slowly , mixing all the time to create a paste , but dont allow lumps to form .

when you have a paste , slowly add fresh milk and continue mixing to turn the paste in to a sauce .

continue mixing until all of your milk is added and it is now thick enough to cling to your spoon .

at this point add your grated cheese , for best results use strong cheddar cheese .

add salt and pepper and continue mixing until all the cheese becomes sauce .

take the cooked macaroni and drain it , then add a spoonfull of butter to lightly butter the pasta .

place the pasta in a large cassorole dish and pour the sauce over . mix it well to make sure the saucve is right through all of your pasta .

then cover the whole dish in more grated cheese and place in an oven or under a grill when the cheese on top begins to brown its ready to serve .

#4 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Concrete Charlie

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,367 posts
  • Interests:Drinking free tea & cider
  • Use My Surname?:No

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

You will be hard pressed to find Velveeta here I think and if you do it will be astronomically priced. Basically it is kraft processed cheese slices in a block. I've had the recipe in the states before and it was tasty, my friend Annie who is a fabulous cook adds chopped up crispy bacon bits for a twist.

I've seen some US Mac&Cheese available boxed in Friendship and Villa, just add milk.

Ps I always liked the Heinz one out of a tin, just my preference :)

#5 Guest_THE DRUNKEN DUCK_*

Guest_THE DRUNKEN DUCK_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

You will be hard pressed to find Velveeta here I think and if you do it will be astronomically priced. Basically it is kraft processed cheese slices in a block. I've had the recipe in the states before and it was tasty, my friend Annie who is a fabulous cook adds chopped up crispy bacon bits for a twist.

I've seen some US Mac&Cheese available boxed in Friendship and Villa, just add milk.

Ps I always liked the Heinz one out of a tin, just my preference :)

no it is not
"Basically it is kraft processed cheese slices in a block"

Velveeta 101
Velveeta cheese product has been helping Canadians make the cheesiest, most delicious meals for over 25 years! It's great for melting, either plain on toast or as part of your family's favourite meals. And you can feel good about serving Velveeta to your family - it's made from a blend of three cheeses – Cheddar, Mozzarella, and Swiss. The best part? Velveeta has 50% less fat than Cheddar cheese!

Velveeta: A Nutritious Choice
When serving your family Velveeta, you can be confident you're giving them a nutritious choice:

• Velveeta contains 50% less fat than cheddar cheese!
  • Velveeta products are a source of calcium, and calcium helps build healthy bones and teeth.
  • Velveeta is a good source of protein, and protein helps build and repair body tissues such as muscles!
Formats:
Velveeta comes in several formats, including 250g, 450g, and 900g.

http://www.kraftcana...eetacheese.aspx

Edited by THE DRUNKEN DUCK, 19 February 2012 - 03:01 PM.

#6 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Concrete Charlie

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,367 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

Sorry Tony but the company blurb doesn't add up, here's a couple of quotes one of them from Wikipedia.

ps have you ever tried it? you can spread it on bread straight from the fridge.

Velveeta is the brand name of a processed cheese product having a taste that is identified as a type of American cheese with a texture that is softer and smoother. It was first made in 1918 by Swiss immigrant Emil Frey of the Monroe Cheese Company in Monroe, New York. In 1923, The Velveeta Cheese Company was incorporated as a separate company, and was sold to Kraft Foods in 1927. The product was advertised for its nutrition.[1] According to Kraft's website, in the 1930s, Velveeta became the first cheese product to gain the American Medical Association's seal of approval.[2] It was reformulated in 1953 as a cheese spread.[2] Velveeta is labeled in the United States as a "Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product" (see processed cheese). The name 'Velveeta' is intended to connote a velvety smooth edible product. Smoothness and meltability are promoted as its iconic properties that result by reincorporating the whey with the curd. The product was spun off into a line of over a dozen food products based on Velveeta.

"Velveeta is made in part of whey, a by-product of cheese-making. Velveeta is classified by the United States Food and Drug Administration as pasteurized process cheese spread (see processed cheese).

Whey or milk plasma is the liquid remaining after milk has been curdled and strained; it is a by-product of the manufacture of cheese or casein and has several commercial uses.

Processed cheese has three technical advantages over unprocessed cheese: extended shelf-life, resistance to separation when cooked, and the ability to reuse scraps, trimmings and runoff from other cheesemaking processes."

But I guess a lot of Americans may think it's real cheese :whistle:

#7 saints

saints

getting there .

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Can't you just buy a tin of Heinz lol

#8 Forum Admin

Forum Admin

Concrete Charlie

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,367 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

Can't you just buy a tin of Heinz lol

I like that stuff in a tin but if I see the dried packet mix again I'll grab one for Tony as he is still traumatised after ordering it in a certain restaurant the other night :laughing:

#9 thegrogmonster

thegrogmonster

finally got there .

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Is macaroni and cheese a side dish like baked beans or is it a meal in its own right?

#10 drumoak

drumoak

finally got there .

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,884 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

Is macaroni and cheese a side dish like baked beans or is it a meal in its own right?

A meal in its own right

#11 mulphy

mulphy

• Root Admin
  • 53,710 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

ny the way as far as i know the drunken duck is bobby , not tony , just for clarity .

the kraft mac and cheese is dreadful .

the heinz macaroni cheese would be fine if it actually tasted of any cheese .

i have 6 or 7 tins of the shit in my cupboard .

#12 drumoak

drumoak

finally got there .

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,884 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

ny the way as far as i know the drunken duck is bobby , not tony , just for clarity .

the kraft mac and cheese is dreadful .

the heinz macaroni cheese would be fine if it actually tasted of any cheese .

i have 6 or 7 tins of the shit in my cupboard .

Just grate some cheese onto it

#13 sid1

sid1

occassional user .

• Trusted Member
  • Pip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:working out/taning/lifting weights
    just kidding

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

Being canadian,this is the craziest topic ive ever heard.
In canada, kraft mac and chesse might be the most popular
food group in the country(kinda like pot noodles in the UK,
everybody who is alittle low on cash buys it)
I honestly dont know the proper way of cooking it,but every
time ive had it in canada its been pretty good.

p.s i thought only canadians ate mac and cheese,small world?

#14 Guest_landy2a_*

Guest_landy2a_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

Sounds like something to use on Dingos when you have run out of 1080.