Need Vacation Condo To Rent

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#15 Guest_califdann_*

Guest_califdann_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:30 AM

Sent an email to Tik earlier today, (In the email is a copy and paste of your notice to me to contact her) and am looking forward to a response.

Dann C.

#16 Guest_Tripper_*

Guest_Tripper_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:12 AM

I dont know of any agents that rent apartments for a week or even a month (apart from you)they tell me its just not worth it, the admin is the same (if not more for the weekly stayer)so why bother.

A 2 second google search found me ViewTalay 1 & 2 providing 1 week rentals.

Clicky clicky

Attached File  untitled.JPG   109.31KB   0 downloads

Edited by Tripper, 06 July 2011 - 08:15 AM.

#17 Rob Jones

Rob Jones

addicted .

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,979 posts
  • Use Forename?:No
  • Use My Surname?:No
  • Post My Photo?:No

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:45 AM

It is in the original post clearly explaining what and why, that is why I was surprised at your post.

Rob I understand the point you are making about hotels for short term stays and as a general rule of thumb it is spot on, but one size really doesn't fit all. Some people prefer condos and depending on the agent / condo the price can be either more or less than staying in a hotel. Also the tenants I get seem to want the experience and are not driven by the last baht, if they were they would be in a 300 baht room on 3rd Road without a swimming pool.

If I want breakfast I have it made for me and enjoy watching the cook at the same time, with our without her uniform on. Cleaning is usually done by the lady de jour, that's what I mean about "if required". Towels and bed linen are not a problem as we make sure there are plenty in the condo, so that one set can be in the laundry downstairs and one in use and one set spare.

As for renting short term then if you are right that " Nobody in their right mind owning a condo would rent it out for a week. Minimum a month, ideally 3 months +" then it must mean me and a lot of other condo owners must be in the minority.

Not had any problems with noise but I do know Dancewatchers are on hand in case of any problems with the condo as part of the service.

It works well for me, the tenants who rent and the agent. I get a 5 - 8+% return pa on my condo plus get to stay for free. Not every tenant is an arsehole and likewise Dancewatcher is a very reputable agent. He must be doing something right the amount of repeat business he gets. Rental rates vary depending on time of year and length of stay but are in the region of THB 700 to 1200 per night, the agents fees are clear and up front on his website.

som nam na, I think if I step this argument up it wont do your business much good, so i'm not going to. You have your biased view I have my non biased views.

One thing I cant ignore though is this 1200 Baht a night? Incredulous........

#18 Rob Jones

Rob Jones

addicted .

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,979 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

A 2 second google search found me ViewTalay 1 & 2 providing 1 week rentals.

Clicky clicky

Attached File  untitled.JPG   109.31KB   0 downloads

Anyone paying 1350 Baht a night for a room in VT2 must be mad!

And because they are advertising this doesn't mean they are getting any customers

#19 Guest_Parkwahn_*

Guest_Parkwahn_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

It is in the original post clearly explaining what and why, that is why I was surprised at your post.

Rob I understand the point you are making about hotels for short term stays and as a general rule of thumb it is spot on, but one size really doesn't fit all. Some people prefer condos and depending on the agent / condo the price can be either more or less than staying in a hotel. Also the tenants I get seem to want the experience and are not driven by the last baht, if they were they would be in a 300 baht room on 3rd Road without a swimming pool.

If I want breakfast I have it made for me and enjoy watching the cook at the same time, with our without her uniform on. Cleaning is usually done by the lady de jour, that's what I mean about "if required". Towels and bed linen are not a problem as we make sure there are plenty in the condo, so that one set can be in the laundry downstairs and one in use and one set spare.

As for renting short term then if you are right that " Nobody in their right mind owning a condo would rent it out for a week. Minimum a month, ideally 3 months +" then it must mean me and a lot of other condo owners must be in the minority.

Not had any problems with noise but I do know Dancewatchers are on hand in case of any problems with the condo as part of the service.

It works well for me, the tenants who rent and the agent. I get a 5 - 8+% return pa on my condo plus get to stay for free. Not every tenant is an arsehole and likewise Dancewatcher is a very reputable agent. He must be doing something right the amount of repeat business he gets. Rental rates vary depending on time of year and length of stay but are in the region of THB 700 to 1200 per night, the agents fees are clear and up front on his website.

Dont tell everyone they will all want one, did you not know the Pattaya experts that own nothing here say you cant make money :laughing:

Put in your savings on hotel fees that figure would increase, hmmm all that is net :laughing: Tidy way to work mate well done, the investors without vision always find a way to justify their lack of creativity :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

#20 Guest_Tripper_*

Guest_Tripper_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:16 AM

Anyone paying 1350 Baht a night for a room in VT2 must be mad!

And because they are advertising this doesn't mean they are getting any customers

Whether they are renting or not is a mute point, you claimed no agents rent Condo's on a weekly basis, I was merely correcting your false statement.

#21 Rob Jones

Rob Jones

addicted .

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,979 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:21 AM

Whether they are renting or not is a mute point, you claimed no agents rent Condo's on a weekly basis, I was merely correcting your false statement.

I think Im fairly clear what I mean on this mute point.

#22 Guest_Parkwahn_*

Guest_Parkwahn_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:21 AM

:laughing: Its not a room, its a one bed condo.............. thats not a hotel room :laughing:

#23 Rob Jones

Rob Jones

addicted .

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,979 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

:laughing: Its not a room, its a one bed condo.............. thats not a hotel room :laughing:

48 sq mtr studio.

#24 thai spice

thai spice

getting there .

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:46 AM

Used to rent my house in France during July / August some years ago (house located close to the sea, and me being away).

Seasonnal renting, by week was what gave me the biggest income. And the agent that handled it was happy also, as it means charging 4 contract fees per month instead of one.

When rented for 2 1/2 or 3 months like that, it gave me more income then if I rented it for 1 year on a long term base .

#25 som nam na

som nam na

getting there .

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,763 posts
  • Use Forename?:Yes
  • Post My Photo?:Yes

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

som nam na, I think if I step this argument up it wont do your business much good, so i'm not going to. You have your biased view I have my non biased views.

One thing I cant ignore though is this 1200 Baht a night? Incredulous........

Rob you have created a major thread f**k here to which I have added by making the mistake of answering you. Califdan merely put a sensible question wanting information on short term condo rentals to which there were a couple of helpful replies from Obession, Gator001, Trpper, etc. I tried to answer honestly and posted photos to show what I had available.

You on the other hand misread the original post, answered the wrong question then proceeded to make incorrect negative misleading statements even when faced with direct evidence to the contrary. Condos are available for daily weekly and monthly rates on a serviced basis in Pattaya and Jomtien at affordable rates. There are agents out there who do this, Dancewatchers, Phil Christy, Buriram Boy (View Talay Condos) etc. The owners are who do it are not crazy just letting out good quality units for a reasonable financial return. A good arrangement for the tenants, owners and agents.

No wonder some people can find posting on Pattaya Boards daunting when all they get is the crap like you you are serving up here. My Grandfather gave me some good advice and that is when arguing with an idiot to stop. I am stopping now. :thumbdown:

Edited by som nam na, 06 July 2011 - 10:03 AM.

#26 Rob Jones

Rob Jones

addicted .

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,979 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:01 AM

Rob you have created a major thread f**k here to which I have added by making the mistake of answering you. Califdan merely put a sensible question wanting information on short term condo rentals to which there were a couple of helpful replies from Obession, Gator001, Trpper, etc. I tried to answer honestly and posted photos to show what I had available.

You on the other hand misread the original post, answered the wrong question then proceeded to make incorrect negative misleading statements even when faced with direct evidence to the contrary. Condos are available for daily weekly and monthly rates on a serviced basis in Pattaya and Jomtien at affordable rates. There are agents out there who do this, Dancewatchers, Phil Christy, Buriram Boy (View Talay Condos) etc. The owners are who do it are not crazy just letting out good quality units for a reasonable financial return. A good arrangement for the tenants, owners and agents.

No wonder some people can find posting on Pattaya Boards daunting when all they get is the crap like you you are serving up here. My Grandfather gave me some good advice and that is when arguing with an idiot to stop. I am stopping now. :thumbdown:

What has your grandfathers advice to you got to do with renting a condo in Pattaya? I think you should practice what you preach! If posting strictly and literally on topic gives you a hard on, continue, if helping someone is more of a priority well than do that. I dont think I thread f**ked at all, I just gave my opinion on condo renting for a week - which I will stick with, even the OP has admitted its a rather strange request, even som nam na has acquiesced to that too.

Its relevant in my opinion because at the time I didn't know that the OP wanted to buy a condo so therefore I was giving him unbiased opinion on the pros and cons of doing so. The OP may not be aware of utilities or maid service etc.

If you came in here and asked about the music policy in a nightclub in Nokhan Phanom,and I knew, should I say:

1. Trance
2. It closed down last month mate, dont waste 12 hours driving there

You didnt ask about whether the club had closed down but its probably more helpful than the answer you were looking for.

Edited by Rob Jones, 06 July 2011 - 11:02 AM.

#27 Guest_Parkwahn_*

Guest_Parkwahn_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

48 sq mtr studio.

No its not its a one room must be 60 or 70.. VT2 dont have 48m units..Posted Image

#28 Guest_Parkwahn_*

Guest_Parkwahn_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:49 PM

correct, it is one bedroom

Posted Image

Mike , its Parkys response there is no need whatsover to say I am right, its a given ,.. or a lay down as we say..:laughing: