Kanchanaburi

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Cider_Drinker_*

Guest_Cider_Drinker_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

lots of new bars opened in the last year, most are shite attempts by falangs to make some dosh with minimal outlay, there a few with some very decent young girls for sale, 200-300bt barfine + 500bt. beers are around 50-65 for small, and 70-100 for large, one problem here is sponging falangs with no money, twice i got asked last night to buy some sucker a beer, and people are constantly mithering for cigarettes. been here 5 days now, starting to get bored though.

#2 Guest_Punter 69_*

Guest_Punter 69_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:22 PM

lots of new bars opened in the last year, most are shite attempts by falangs to make some dosh with minimal outlay, there a few with some very decent young girls for sale, 200-300bt barfine + 500bt. beers are around 50-65 for small, and 70-100 for large, one problem here is sponging falangs with no money, twice i got asked last night to buy some sucker a beer, and people are constantly mithering for cigarettes. been here 5 days now, starting to get bored though.

are u getting down to pattaya mate

#3 Guest_Cider_Drinker_*

Guest_Cider_Drinker_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:24 PM

are u getting down to pattaya mate

i will deffo get down there for my last few days, gotta a couple of weeks in cambodia to do 1st.

#4 Guest_Punter 69_*

Guest_Punter 69_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:26 PM

i will deffo get down there for my last few days, gotta a couple of weeks in cambodia to do 1st.

ok mate PM me for a beer when u r here

#5 Guest_Cider_Drinker_*

Guest_Cider_Drinker_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

ok mate PM me for a beer when u r here

i think i know where to find you :angry:

#6 Guest_Punter 69_*

Guest_Punter 69_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:31 PM

i think i know where to find you :angry:

yep same place at the end of the bar Lol

#7 mulphy

mulphy

you do need to get a life

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,991 posts
  • Interests:my interests include world news ,current affairs , sport , travelling , meeting people , good food , good drinks , good friends , fantastic music and beautiful women
  • Use Forename?:Yes
  • Use My Surname?:Yes
  • Post My Photo?:Yes

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:32 PM

i enjoyed my recent trip to kanchanaburi , though it was mostly for the museum and war cemetry .

there was a small street of about 15 bars or so with a few decent girls , had myself a few over the few days i was there .

but your right it did appear to have an elemet of very very skint farangs on the bones of their arses trying to cadge drinks and cigarettes in the bars .

it did appear to me that kanchanabiri was very cheap to live in and it was some sort of last resort for the down and out farang .

you need to try a backpackers place called the jumping frog or squinting frog for food . unbelievable portions , fantastic prices , i mean they are almost giving it away and its very good food too .

we as galaswegians christened a few of the locals as piss stained jakeys .

#8 Guest_Punter 69_*

Guest_Punter 69_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:34 PM

i enjoyed my recent trip to kanchanaburi , though it was mostly for the museum and war cemetry .

there was a small street of about 15 bars or so with a few decent girls , had myself a few over the few days i was there .

but your right it did appear to have an elemet of very very skint farangs on the bones of their arses trying to cadge drinks and cigarettes in the bars .

it did appear to me that kanchanabiri was very cheap to live in and it was some sort of last resort for the down and out farang .

you need to try a backpackers place called the jumping frog or squinting frog for food . unbelievable portions , fantastic prices , i mean they are almost giving it away and its very good food too .

??????????????????????????????

#9 Guest_Cider_Drinker_*

Guest_Cider_Drinker_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:36 PM

you mean the jolly frog ? i used to go there regualr a few years ago, i have no idea how they sell the food so cheap, not been for a while, they used to do a huge fish n chips for something ridiculous like 55bt, i am staying at the phong phen this time, the thai food is superb and very cheap, got a pool also :angry:

#10 mulphy

mulphy

• Root Admin
  • 52,991 posts
  • Interests:my interests include world news ,current affairs , sport , travelling , meeting people , good food , good drinks , good friends , fantastic music and beautiful women

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:45 PM

you mean the jolly frog ? i used to go there regualr a few years ago, i have no idea how they sell the food so cheap, not been for a while, they used to do a huge fish n chips for something ridiculous like 55bt, i am staying at the phong phen this time, the thai food is superb and very cheap, got a pool also :angry:

that ll be the one brian .

unbelievable value .

this is a true story , im sitting with a mate of mine at the table having breakfast and there are 4 farangs sitting next to us , australians .

we heard them saying to each other , we cant afford to stay here tonight its too expensive .

rooms at the jolly frog start at 80 b per night and run to about 150 b per night .

we were staying in some gaff on the main street at 2500 b a night . river kwai hotel .

cheap fuckers .

#11 Guest_buriramboy_*

Guest_buriramboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:48 PM

Village life or living up country ain't for everyone in fact it probably ain't for many, but you have to be in a fokin bad way if you are stuggling up there, you could live comfortably for 20,000 baht a month.

#12 mulphy

mulphy

• Root Admin
  • 52,991 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:48 PM

??????????????????????????????

a jakey is a drunken tramp or down and out , usually accompanied by pish stains on their clothes were they piss themselves in their drinken stupor .

kanchanabiri im afraid has quite a few of these characters .

the nearest ive seen to it here is in certain sections of the darkside . :angry:

#13 Guest_Cider_Drinker_*

Guest_Cider_Drinker_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:50 PM

that ll be the one brian .

unbelievable value .

this is a true story , im sitting with a mate of mine at the table having breakfast and there are 4 farangs sitting next to us , australians .

we heard them saying to each other , we cant afford to stay here tonight its too expensive .

rooms at the jolly frog start at 80 b per night and run to about 150 b per night .

we were staying in some gaff on the main street at 2500 b a night . river kwai hotel .

cheap f**kers .

the israelis cram about 6 into an 80bt room, i have stayed at the river kwai before, i think it is a bit over-priced, some rooms are good and when its quiet you will get one, but most of the rooms are very tired and dated, the phong phen were i am staying for 500bt is great, and you can f**k in the pool :angry:

http://www.pongphen.com/rooms.htm

Edited by Cider_Drinker, 19 September 2009 - 09:51 PM.

#14 Guest_Cider_Drinker_*

Guest_Cider_Drinker_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:54 PM

Village life or living up country ain't for everyone in fact it probably ain't for many, but you have to be in a fokin bad way if you are stuggling up there, you could live comfortably for 20,000 baht a month.

i have tried the village life, and it certainly aint for me, i get bored to easy.